Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
177 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 177

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Measurement needed please.
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If someone happens to be under the hood of their 55-6 sometime this weekend, would one of you be so kind as to provide a measurement.

I am looking for the distance between the mounting flange and the pivot or rod for flapper valve where it enters the tube on the drivers side vent. Rough within 1/4 inch or so is fine.

If mine had one I would measure. Having AC though, the "tee" tube used with blower is more like the heater side. Not sure dimension is the same as regular cars so rather not rely on it.

Attach file:

jpg  (29.26 KB)
209_4f513fe3e00fa.jpg 517X339 px

Posted on: 2012/3/2 16:48
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Measurement needed please.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information
Howard,

I measured 4 7/16" from surface of flange to the center of the rod hole. A rough measurement done with a ruler and my sad eyesight

Posted on: 2012/3/2 17:03
Bob

IF EVERYTHING IS COMING YOUR WAY ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
YOU'RE IN THE WRONG LANE!

'56 Executive Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Believe me, I know the sad eyesight bit and the quick answer is very much appreciated. Glad I asked though before getting too far into the latest wacky idea. The AC tube has about 1 1/8" longer distance so the shorter measurement is causing a rethink.

Posted on: 2012/3/2 17:21
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information
Quote:

HH56 wrote:
Believe me, I know the sad eyesight bit and the quick answer is very much appreciated.

Always ready to help, the poor vision is not so bad as I fail to see the small 'ugly' flaws in my car. Kinda like having Alzheimer's, you're always meeting new people

Posted on: 2012/3/2 17:53
Bob

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
On the 400 the measurement is 4 1/2 inches.

Posted on: 2012/3/3 3:30
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Randy, Thanks for the confirmation. Every little bit helps and appreciate the effort finding an extra 1/16". There is enough space -- even with the shorter number -- for one of my wacko ideas. Have mocked it up and even though it seems to work better than I thought (so far), may be too complicated and not worth the effort. The old K.I.S.S. is coming to mind and will probably win out.

Posted on: 2012/3/3 13:00
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
People may laugh at KISS, but I never saw a practical example that was in error. Some of the most eloquent things I ever saw, whether computer code or gears and levers was driven by that principle.

Posted on: 2012/3/3 16:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information
Quote:

randy berger wrote:
People may laugh at KISS, but I never saw a practical example that was in error. Some of the most eloquent things I ever saw, whether computer code or gears and levers was driven by that principle.

How wise one is to temper innovation with K.I.S.S.

Posted on: 2012/3/4 9:41
Bob

Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved