Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
175 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 173

Marvin, 37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard Graphics
Just popping in
Just popping in

patriotblue1
See User information
I am the Executive Director of a non-profit titled History Remembered, Inc. and we are creating an historical interpretive sign to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Lincoln Highway in 2013. This sign will be placed inside the Dime (Savings Bank) Building in Detroit, the location of the first national office of the Lincoln Highway Association.

The content of this sign will include history of the Lincoln Highway as well as the Dime Building (also celebrating its 100th birthday in 2013). Included in the LH section will be references to the Packard Motor Car Company, Henry Joy and Russell Alger, Jr. I have a photo of both Joy and Alger as well as the plant in Detroit.

I would like to include an image of the Packard script logo and/or the Packard "shell" on the sign as well. For some logos of the Lincoln Highway, I am using a hi-res scan of an LH letterhead in the archives at the University of Michigan.

Possibly the hi-res Packard images I'm looking for could come from a letterhead or other document in your collections?

Posted on: 2012/3/9 0:29
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard Graphics
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
For art and usage, you should probably contact the Packard Club office 614 478-4946 or Marketing VP Stella Blond 732 738-7859.

Posted on: 2012/3/9 9:08
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard Graphics
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
I'm not so sure how far the Packard Club's rights would extend in this regard.

A quick search of the web turned up this trademark registration, belonging to "The Packard Club", for the Packard "word":

http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=78706402

...with SPECIFIC usage for:

Quote:
CLOTHING, NAMELY, CAPS, HATS, SHIRTS, BLOUSES, T-SHIRTS, JACKETS, SWEATSHIRTS, BELTS, SCARVES, SHOP COATS, SWEATBANDS, AND VISORS

Also, the following site:

http://textiles.zibb.com/trademark/packard/30836412

...shows the SPECIFIC image/logo that corresponds to the trademark.

The rights appear to be rather limited for this particular registration.

I couldn't find anything regarding their regostration of the script or crest, but am curious as to those details.

Posted on: 2012/3/9 16:18
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved