Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
155 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 155

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1955 factory air
Home away from home
Home away from home

55clipper
See User information
Does anyone have the wiring diagram for factory installed air conditioning? Can't find anything in the service book.

Posted on: 2012/3/17 14:15
 Top  Print   

Re: 1955 factory air
Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Yes, I do, but I would need to scan it 1st, and post it.

There is something in here, don't know if it will help you or not;
https://www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/55-56ACInstall.pdf

Posted on: 2012/3/17 14:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55clipper
See User information
Yes that did help. Thank you.
I have a 55 Caribbean with factory air. Looks like is was installed by other than the factory. The air distribution box under the dash is correct but the hole cut in the firewall looks a little goofy. The dash control knob is a little off center. The oil filter was originally located on the right side of the engine and the air compressor on the right. I removed the compressor and moved the oil filter to the left side when I made up my mind several years ago I didn't want to bother with the expense of getting the air working. I also remove the air relay and have since lost it. I recall it looked like the same relay used for the horn. Now I think I want to re-install the air as it is unusual on a Caribbean.

Thanks again

Posted on: 2012/3/17 15:18
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Not the same relay as the horn but is the same type as the power window. If not too concerned about looks since it's under dash, modern such as thesehttp://www.parts-express.com/wizards/searchResults.cfm?searchFilter=relay%2012%20vdc and also available at most parts stores will work nicely. You should get one able to carry 30-40 amps.

Posted on: 2012/3/17 15:27
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved