Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
258 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 257

Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: How rare is this "1942" Packard?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Miles Whetham
See User information
One more thing I might add to the post. If my information is correct, there were no Clipper 2 door models made for the 41 model year(the first year of the clipper). As I understand it, they started making them in August of 41 and productions stopped in December of 41 for the war. Mine was sold to a dealer in Texas in November of 41.

Miles

Posted on: 2012/3/29 16:13
 Top  Print   

Re: How rare is this "1942" Packard?
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
cortomac,

Correct, the 1941 Clippers were all 4-door sedans with the 282 engine. In 1942 Packard offered a full model line for the Clippers including touring sedans, club sedans, and longer wheel base Super Eight 160s and 180s. No convertibles or station wagons, but these were still offered in some of the traditional/conventional models. Engines were the 245 6-cylinder and 356 8-cylinder in addition to the 282. This line-up continued after the war with the 21st series cars.

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2012/4/2 14:01
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved