Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
232 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 232

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 120 Exhaust Manifold Needed ('35 - 40)
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

MichaelF350
See User information
I think I'm going to rebuild my trumpets, and make them 12 volt as well. I'm not totally sure how this is accomplished but it shouldn't be that difficult. I now have some other things that need polished and powdercoated so the horns will get added to the list.

Posted on: 2012/5/15 9:25
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

MichaelF350
See User information
Hi,
The overdrive mounts in the center of the drive shaft. I split my original shaft and had new u-joints welded to the halves after cutting to the correct length. There's a small computer module that mounts up under the dash and a switch under the dash to activate it. Have to go, more later.

Posted on: 2012/5/15 9:28
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Usually the horns will work fine on 12v, just need to "tune" them a bit using the adjustments inside on the horn mech so the sound is correct.

Posted on: 2012/5/15 11:09
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved