Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
237 user(s) are online (163 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 237

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Temperature Sender
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Brandon
See User information
Does anyone know of a chain auto supply store that carries a temp sender that will work on my Patrician?

I've already tried Napa and Baxter, They say that they dont have anything listed.

Posted on: 2008/4/27 12:33
 Top  Print   

Re: Temperature Sender
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dave Harrison
See User information
Hi, I got this one for my 55 400 from Max Merritt, think it may be the same one for yours...?
Not a chain store but they have them...

Regards,
Packard Dave UK.

Attach file:

jpg  (42.43 KB)
379_48159216f2789.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2008/4/28 4:00
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't know any chain that would have by make. Possibly might be able to cross to another car with some effort and co-operative store personnel but as packarddaveuk mentions, Merritt has them. If his web site current, then price extremely reasonable and I don't think you'll find much cheaper at chain store.

Posted on: 2008/4/28 21:05
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Brandon
See User information
I was just hoping for something more convienient heh. I think ill just end up ordering one from them. If i do end up taking it somewhere to see if it crosses with any other makes ill let you guys know.

Posted on: 2008/5/3 18:06
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I know there has to be a cross because one of the club regions advertised one for awhile, may still do, and at that price probably Max Merritt's is aftermarket.
If you do find something that fits thread wise, and are lucky enough to have specs in the catalog, then the ohm range needs to be 250 or more at room temp and go down when hot, at 175 degrees maybe around 35 ohms, 200 degres around 25ohm and probably go as low as 10ohms when at rated hot temp. I believe that is opposite to GM but maybe Ford or Chrys.

Posted on: 2008/5/3 18:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Richard Taylor
See User information
Years ago I raced small block Dodges,
That sender looks just like the mid 60's to mid 70's
Mopar sender.

Posted on: 2008/5/3 22:24
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Dwight H is selling new ones for V8s but the one I purchased read too high. I got a used one from Mike D in Minn. and it works fine.

Posted on: 2008/5/3 23:47
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Thats the problem in getting an aftermarket replacement not knowing the exact specs. I measured a couple of probably good senders and came up with those readings but maybe someone like Mr. O-D and his fantastic memory for detail would know what temp Packard specified.

There are so many ranges mfg spec'd that a few degrees off would make it read high or low. Those selling replacements probably know but I understand why they might be reluctant to share and it could be that aftermarkets are close but not exact and that is all that's available.

Posted on: 2008/5/4 11:30
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Brandon
See User information
I went to Baxter and found a sender made by Standard, part number TS4.SMP which fits threadwise but I haven't gotten a chance to measure its range. It does happen to be for 70's vehicles but I didn't get much more info out of em. I'll let u guys know what it reads when I find my meters.

Posted on: 2008/5/7 16:10
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved