Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
134 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 133

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Removal of gas sending unit?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Bob
See User information
THE GAS TANK SENDING UNIT TOOL IS AVAILABLE FROM ZIP PRODUCTS 1-800- 962-9632

Posted on: 2008/5/6 18:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bowman Davis
See User information
Rowdy Thanks, I read that article as well as the one about the voltage regulator (5 Volts)for the fuel and temp. gauges. I read over 11 volts on the orange wire to the sender unit. That seems strange but, I suppose the 5 volts going to the other side of the gauge must be a reference voltage. I'll have to check the voltage at both sides of the gauge, but it is a really tough place to get at. But the fact is the sender has to be bad because of the ohmeter readings, although it doesn't really look that bad. It is rusty but can probably be cleaned up pretty good, infact the float looks to be in great condition.

Posted on: 2008/5/6 20:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bowman Davis
See User information
Thanks for the info. I got the gauge out but another tool in the box never hurts.

Posted on: 2008/5/6 20:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
The floats are cheap and available at the local Ford dealership. Ask for COAZ-9202-B. They were still available when I worked there a year ago, and are the correct original brass floats. When I worked there they were about $3 or so. I'd replace it at that price.

Posted on: 2008/5/6 23:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bowman Davis
See User information
Thanks, I'll check it out. I was surprised when I checked the local and the nat'l auto parts houses that none (at least here in Williamsburg area) have the 1957/1960 Ford gas sending units. I'll check with ford on that as well.

Posted on: 2008/5/8 14:25
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved