Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
87 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 87

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Need some help identifying dash
Just popping in
Just popping in

Bender0
See User information
I'm new and this is my first encounter with Packards and Packard parts. I'm hoping I can get some information about a dash that I have. And what better place than here?

I have what I think is a complete dash (gauges, wiring harness, radio, speaker, ash trays, and glove box door). Some of the chrome (or pot metal) starting to tarnish/pit. I'm not sure if everything works since I have no way to test items.

This dash was in storage for numerous years before I got it. My first thought was to make it into wall art for my garage, but I thought that there might be someone out there who is in need of this, and I could part with it instead.

Before I do anything, I'd like to get as much info about this as possible - Year, model, value, other things to check.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thank you,

John

Attach file:

jpg  (125.79 KB)
4946_5072e3bfdc617.jpg 1024X768 px

jpg  (142.08 KB)
4946_5072e3d8a5ef3.jpg 1024X768 px

jpg  (104.70 KB)
4946_5072e3e786968.jpg 1024X768 px

Posted on: 2012/10/8 9:42
 Top  Print   

Re: Need some help identifying dash
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
1955 Senior (this one is from a Patrician or 400) dash. Looks to be complete and in decent condition. Unless they are reflections, there does appear to be a few dings in the anodized screen which would detract from value.

No idea what a complete and decent one goes for. Unless someone is restoring a trashed car with holes in the screen, don't believe there is a whole lot of demand -- or shortage of individual small pieces for someone just needing to repair their original. You might check ebay and see what the general range might be. There is a complete Clipper dash with a starting price listed but no takers yet. Several individual pieces are also scattered thruout. IMO, if the tabs are pristine, the starter bezel is probably the most valuable individual item.

You won't be able to check much of operation as all the instruments depend on senders or other parts. Radio would need an antenna connected but could be checked in the condition shown.

Posted on: 2012/10/8 9:49
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved