Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
240 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 238

Todd W. White, Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Someone said Packards were expensive?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
So begs the questions:

was the auction price so high because only 4 were made or --

relating to a question asked in another thread of would a car be worth a large price if it's history was proven - was this so expensive because it has a well documented history or --

was a buyer with more money than sense caught up in the moment and bid it up way too far?

http://news.yahoo.com/camera-sold-2-19-million-austria-131223960.html

Posted on: 2012/11/26 9:47
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Someone said Packards were expensive?
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
No way of knowing. Owner (before final bid) may be the final bidder. Owner simply bids back into himself. Altho he is out the auction commission which may or may not be more the cameras worth.

I go to some local autions, estate auctions, small time stuff. I can go to walmart or antique shop and buy the same junk cheaper than auction price.

Mite have been an estate settlement where heirs are arguing over who gets what. So it goes to auction and heirs can bid. However that can screw things up with taxation of an estate too.

Unless one has inside information then there is no way to determine why a final bid takes place the way it does.

Posted on: 2012/11/26 12:07
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Although the Leica camera from that era was probably the bests camera in the world at that time, it sounds like a pissing contest. I see that in my other hobby from time to time.

I don't know who edited my post here to go to a camera ad, but I didn't appreciate it.

Posted on: 2012/11/26 13:25
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
randy berger wrote:

Quote:
I don't know who edited my post here to go to a camera ad, but I didn't appreciate it.

I must have missed that event, but understand your frustration due to our past experience with other sites in that regard.

As a Forum Ambassador at P'Info, I don't believe that I've ever had the power to edit anyone's post here - not sure if I'd want such power, either.

However, if the link turned out to be a malicious site (unbeknownst to you), I would understand if it were stricken from a post, but would expect public explanation.

Posted on: 2012/11/26 18:27
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I'm confused also. Your post I see now is what I remember from this morning and I can't edit other people's posts either.

Posted on: 2012/11/26 18:56
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Look at PackardV8s "estate settlement" now highlighted in blue. And Howard's first post was buggered and is now OK.

Posted on: 2012/11/26 20:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Someone needs to notify webmaster Kevin. Possibly someone has hacked P'info.com user passwords (passwords for the website).

Perhaps who ever haccked, changed links as a test and then went back and changed them to original post. THose that use same password for many websites mite want to change der password.

Posted on: 2012/11/26 21:28
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Quoe:
"I'm confused also. Your post I see now is what I remember from this morning and I can't edit other people's posts either."

Is htat to imply that u COULD edit other peoples posts BEFORE the buggered posts appeared????

Posted on: 2012/11/26 21:43
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I think the host is having problems. Very wonky on this end. Won't let me post a photo. Just stays on "connecting". Will try again in a few but I don't see a problem with PV8s post.

Posted on: 2012/11/26 21:50
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
THe problem showed up when the first post of this thread showed a link to news.yahoo. Mite be a good idea to eleminate that link.

Posted on: 2012/11/26 22:06
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved