Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
163 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 162

moodydavid16, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

AACA Packard DF debacle starting
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
6-21-08
Zero guesses as to what the AACA straw boss has in mind in this one:

http://forums.aaca.org/ubbthreads.php/topics/518412/Re_Are_Egge_pistons_any_good#Post518412

6-22-08 update:
NOTE: The above link has been changed from the original thread to the AACA Posting Agreement policy.

The original posts of the thread were civil and objective regarding a particular vendors wares. Some posts were negative and some were positive about the vendors wares.

Posted on: 2008/6/21 22:32
 Top  Print   

Re: AACA Packard DF debacle starting
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
I'm suprised that they let it go this long, that last post will frost them and get action. Try talking trash about an auction company and see how long your post lasts.
I had some deservedly bad things to say about a collector car transport company who shall remain nameless (think of a document you must present when traveling abroad) on a thread over there and I got a PM from a moderator with the "no trash talk" reminder, so I invited others to PM me and I gave it to them straight.

Oh, by the way, Petey is back over there.

Posted on: 2008/6/21 23:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
If you post on the AACA Forums, be prepared to deal with the owners of the site:

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2008/6/21 23:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Eric: Your picture that you posted says it all about the HAM & EGGERS running the AACA web site.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/6/22 0:37
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
See update note in the first post of this thread.

Posted on: 2008/6/22 7:30
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
I dunno what all the flap on the admin side is when all they have to do is display a disclaimer that the posts are the sole repsonibility of their authors.

In my humble opinion, I feel that club's position has more to do with advertising and other revenue than any threat of lawsuit. While many vendors happen to be dues-paying members (no doubt so they can be eligible to purchase swap meet space), that's no defense against providing substandard goods and services.

My hat's off to those clubs who, upon discovering customers are being ripped off, will ban a shoddy vendor from advertising in their publications for a substantial period of time.

Posted on: 2008/6/22 11:24
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Hey, there's no need to offend Nazis with such comparisons - LOL!

Posted on: 2008/6/22 11:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Thomas Wilcox
See User information
First, I am not one that gets their knickers in a twist at the slightest provocation. I am also a fan of packardinfo.com. And, I want packardinfo.com to continue to be the great site it is.

That said, this thread is ridiculous. Conflating the AACA website folks with Hitler is f---ing ridiculous, and seriously demeans the truly horrific crimes perpetrated under his leadership. To equate the monitoring of a web forum in a way one does not see as prudent with the perpetration of a war that led to the death of tens of millions is truly offensive. I do not defend the policies of AACA. Nor do I disagree with said policies. They are what they are, and that is why having more than one site we can visit is great.

Tom

Posted on: 2008/6/22 22:01
--
Thomas Wilcox
34 Roadster, [url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/r
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Tom, I can understand where you are coming from, and I am sure it was not any of the posters intent to offend anyone or make direct references to any of the horrors that happend during WWII. I belive they were just being saterical in regards to censoring that occurs on some of the various AACA froms and how it is handled. Hindsight being 20/20, perhaps their choice in saterical comparison was a bad choice.

But I will let them speak for themselves.

Posted on: 2008/6/22 22:57
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
My point with the photograph is that the way the AACA runs it's site is exrtemely hard nosed and intolerant of opposing views. Sound familiar? If it offends some people, so be it. The truth hurts some times and the whining that goes on over there about "can't do this or can't do that" is absurd.

That being said, yes, it IS a satire of the moderators of said site. If the picture of the Fuhrer offends some, how about this one:

Click to see original Image in a new window

Caption: "Stop making those posts!!!"

Posted on: 2008/6/22 23:14
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved