Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
114 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 112

humanpotatohybrid, kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Car shipping
Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
My wife has always wanted a 65 T bird and I found one like she wants in Sarasota FL. Does anyone have any experience with shippers? I've gotten estimates for bringing the car here to MT ranging from $1100 to 1300 for an open hauler. When we moved here, we put the Packards in the moving van. I didn't know if it is worth the extra dollars to get an enclosed shipper.
thanks

PS so far she hasn't pushed me to get rid of one of my Packards!

Posted on: 2013/3/24 16:43
 Top  Print   

Re: Car shipping
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
get an enclosed shipper.

Posted on: 2013/3/24 17:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
Most shippers are bid on line, if you want the best price you can talk to several. The on line brokers take a cut and hook you up with a hauler who makes runs regularly around your area. Most of them are open haulers. Ask the person you talk to if he has a hauler or if he is a broker.
If you want the best covered you need to call a national hauler with a fleet of transports.
When I had my car shipped I had bids from $1100 to $250 dollars. I contacted a local towing company and hooked up with them to get my car delivered. I felt more comfortable knowing I had a local contact and I paid $350.00 which was on the low end of all the bids I received on line.

Posted on: 2013/3/24 17:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I would recommend a transporter with a closed trailer. I have had good luck with Interstate. Basically, the cost is $1 per mile.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/3/24 21:51
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved