Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
150 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 149

remi, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Quick poll...maybe...what would you do???
Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
OK so I have an early built 1951 Packard 200. So far, I have found the following: I have a 288 with hydraulic lifters, which is apparently very rare, a transmission that lacks a slotted bolt for easy adjustment, a parking brake that has not been updated with the service counselor, and now I find out I have a trunk that lacks the extra support (bolt through to metal strip holding tank) as shown in the parts manual. The question is, do I update this car to the standards of later cars, or do I keep it
"as is" as a sort of a historical reminder of early builds? What are your opinions???

Posted on: 2013/4/17 20:45
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Re: Quick poll...maybe...what would you do???
Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
I'd do what is best for the use you intend to put the car to.

Posted on: 2013/4/17 22:45
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
One poster here said his experience with the 288 engine is if it was originally coupled to an Ultramatic then it came with 'hydraulic' lifters and if with a manual shift transmission, 'mechanical' lifters.

If the car functions properly as it was originally made, then why not leave as is it to show how an early production version was made.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/4/18 10:03
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
One poster here said his experience with the 288 engine is if it was originally coupled to an Ultramatic then it came with 'hydraulic' lifters and if with a manual shift transmission, 'mechanical' lifters.

I wasn't aware of that and would be interested to know the source of that information.

Posted on: 2013/4/18 11:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Make the vehicle safe. Historical reminder to whom?

Posted on: 2013/4/18 11:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
I guess anyone wanting info on how designs are changed during a run when problems are found? I really don't know, hence the poll. Maybe these details are insignificant and I am "over thinking" things? Wouldn't be the first time. All of the abnormalities I have found are not really safety issues. Any other thoughts/opinions on this subject?

Posted on: 2013/4/20 13:25
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved