Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
145 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 142

JWL, Andrew Sinclair, Automaton, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

54 Clipper Speedometer
Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
I disconnected the speedometer on my Clipper when I got it so it could be lubricated and not get hot or bind up. Now I cannot get the hook up to engage. Is there a trick to doing it or is it just try, try again? The probe seem long enough, how does it engage?

Posted on: 2013/8/1 18:09
 Top  Print   

Re: 54 Clipper Speedometer
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The end of the cable may have worked out of the gear at the transmission and is now too long. You may need to twist and push the cable until it seats in the lower gear and once that is OK, it should just slip into the square hole at the speedo and let you tighten the ring.

Posted on: 2013/8/1 18:19
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: 54 Clipper Speedometer
Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
Thanks, I kept reinserting into the speedometer without looking at the other end. The part protruding did appear to be long, but I didn't know how long it should be at the speedo end.

Posted on: 2013/8/1 19:20
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved