Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
59 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 58

DM37, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Like the worst shirt ever!
Home away from home
Home away from home

64avanti
See User information
Couldn't post a photo on the other site...
I was pretty enthused, picking up this gem at the Pontiac meet this past summer.
When I tried it on, it was about the most strangely tailored thing I had ever seen, the sleeves were way too long & the arms were big & blowsy.
There is a little Tailor shop near me and I spent the money to have the sleeves shortened 3 inches!
Well, I ironed it all up & was all set to wear it & the arms looked like one of those "flying" suits, complete with pleats in weird areas.
(The material is too thin to be of "Packard" quality too)
Does the club have an official vendor who might be able to make this thing good?
I sure would like to wear it!

Attach file:

jpg  (64.93 KB)
15023_52e6b00d3c125.jpg 960X720 px

Posted on: 2014/1/27 14:14
 Top  Print   

Re: Like the worst shirt ever!
Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Hello 64Avanti:

Motor City Packards was the official vendor of that shirt and my club sold it to you. It sounds as if you are now displeased with the shirt.

If you are unhappy, then you should come to the source - either at the MCP store websitehttp://www.motorcitypackards.com/store.php or look up the director of the Meet - me.

Right now I don't know what we can do for you since you had the shirt altered. I wish you would have returned it to us before the alterations.

However, send me a PM with your phone number and I will contact you. Can we handle this offline?

--Roger--

Posted on: 2014/1/27 14:26
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
You have exceeded the statute of limitations, not to mention common sense.

This is like asking for a free meal three weeks after you ate the one that made you unhappy....

Posted on: 2014/1/27 17:31
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

64avanti
See User information
"You have exceeded the statute of limitations, not to mention common sense."
I have other gifts as well!
If it were warm outside, I would be in the garage, not @ the keyboard...
No assembly line is perfect & I suppose it's possible to get XXXL sleeves on an XL shirt.

Posted on: 2014/1/27 17:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Quote:
No assembly line is perfect & I suppose it's possible to get XXXL sleeves on an XL shirt.

Agreed.

But it isn't fair to Roger to come up with this months after the purchase. It's beyond unlikely that his vendor will be receptive to this problem after this much time. By complaining now, months later, you are squeezing him unfairly imho. Take this as a lesson to exercise due diligence in a timely fashion and move on.

Assume your share of responsibility.

That's all from me on this subject.

Posted on: 2014/1/27 19:29
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Nice looking emblem and embroidery. Buying garments without benefit of trying them has always been a tricky proposition for me personally. Nice assortment of items on that web page Roger.

Posted on: 2014/1/27 20:26
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved