Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
153 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 153

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Power Antenna Dome Nut
Home away from home
Home away from home

Troy Taylor
See User information
Looking for a Dome Nut for the 56 Power Antenna if anyone has any leads, I found everything but. Mine had a fate with an 18" pipe wrench which was a struggle after busting two spanner wrenches. I could save it chucking it up and removing the teeth marks but looking to swap out first choice.

Posted on: 2014/5/21 11:58
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/
 Top  Print   

Re: Power Antenna Dome Nut
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
At least in the past it's been a repro item though I don't recall the vendor; perhaps someone else will have that information though I've sent a query to someone who should know - I'll update if they come back with the source. I got mine from Antenna Masters but they've been out of business for some years now, though they offered a great rebuilding and remasting service. I've somewhere got an old and somewhat beat-up one if that's any help. Pretty easy to make a little spanner to remove/install without damaging them.

UPDATE: Sandy Chirco (Tuscon Packard) has them for $35 ea.

Attach file:

jpg  (17.95 KB)
177_537cdc423bf9c.jpg 400X1280 px

Posted on: 2014/5/21 12:03
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Kanter might be worth a shot. Surprisingly, they still have NOS antenna lead in cables so they might have the other parts too.

Posted on: 2014/5/21 12:04
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I remember Max having these at a show. Call him.

Posted on: 2014/5/21 16:02
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Two sources that I'm aware of:

Sandy Chirco (Tuscon Packard) and Joel Ray (Patrician Industries).

Posted on: 2014/5/21 20:44
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Is Tucson Packard still operating? I believe I had read Sandy was ill but wasn't there another store run by one of the family selling multiple make merchandise along with some Packard items.

They used to have a website but that link was changed some time back so it went to an ebay store. For the last month or so when I click the ebay store link instead of the merchandise it used to show, it comes back as just a single page with the name. Clicking the message to see the merchandise brings up another message that the store does not exist. Anyone else seeing that?

Posted on: 2014/5/21 21:03
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Laughing out load OD; as many misspell our fair city's name.

And yes HH56, Tucson Packard's eBay store seems to be down. I've heard Sandy was pretty sick, and now I also understand that he and his bride are doing much traveling in their RV.

As for the physical store itself, it is known locally as Chirco Automotive. Far east side of town on East 22nd Street and not far from my home. The store is quite the place to go if you are into off-road VW's and dune buggies.

Posted on: 2014/5/21 21:38
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Kevin, thanks for correcting me on the spelling - I should know better, I've been there quite a few times.

Posted on: 2014/5/21 22:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Troy Taylor
See User information
FYI

So far, I have found Packards1 in Detroit and Max who both have Stainless reproductions.

Posted on: 2014/5/22 9:25
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved