Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
195 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 195

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Help Please Inner lower control arm bushings
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Vintage41
See User information
I'm trying to replace the inner lower control arm bushings. I can't see how the bolt that goes though the center of the bushing eyelet comes apart. Is it a twist apart or do I have to press it apart?

!941 Packard 120

Thank you for any help. I just don't want to break anything.

God BLess

Posted on: 2015/6/8 12:48
 Top  Print   

Re: Help Please Inner lower control arm bushings
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Your problem is most likely due to petrified rubber. The lower inner bushings are very similar in design to the rear spring bushings, i.e. a bolt through a pair of rubber bushings with a washer on each end squeezing it all together. Simple in theory, but factor in 75 years, and they often require near-destructive talents to get apart when on the car. pull it all apart and put it in a press and leverage will make it look like warm butter...

The only other possibility is somewhere in the cars history someone installed the earlier style steel vulcanized bushings (full steel outer sleeve, with sleeved bolt through the center) which would definitely have to be pressed out.

Posted on: 2015/6/8 20:25
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved