Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
98 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

23 Series Vacuum Lines
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Morning all...Does anyone more skillful than I have access to the Vacuum line diagram for a 23 Series Deluxe 288 that would include the lines to the Windshield Wipers and the Vacuum Powered Radio Antenna? Thanks, very much. 'Miss Prudence' thanks you also. Ernie

Posted on: 2015/12/17 12:31
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print   

Re: 23 Series Vacuum Lines
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I've never seen a general vacuum diagram from Packard on anything pre 51. If there was an accessory such as the rear wiper or windshield washer they would publish some instructions or suggestions on how to connect and run the tubes with those accessory install instructions. Even as late as 56 there is no complete vacuum diagram that I am aware of.

The 22-23 series seems to have taken the wiper source off the front port of manifold. A metal tube dropped down into the front of pump and then out and along the side of engine to firewall. From the end of metal tube to wiper was a short length of hose. If the antenna was installed, the hose was cut and a tee was installed. Source for antenna came from the tee and was fed thru the aux antenna grommet to center port of valve. With the normal Packard configuration, pulling the valve will raise the antenna so a hose is between the knob side port on valve to top connection of antenna. Pushing the knob lowers antenna so far port on valve to bottom connection on antenna.

With that in mind and using the parts book engine illustration and a photo of a 22nd series firewall I think was posted by BDeB, I took the liberty of cobbling something together. I BELIEVE this is how the antenna and wiper was done on 22-23rd series. If this is wrong or by chance someone has anything official from an acc install sheet I would be most interested in getting a copy also.

Attach file:

jpg  (86.75 KB)
209_56731bfb82a57.jpg 1200X1031 px

Posted on: 2015/12/17 13:58
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: 23 Series Vacuum Lines
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Thank you HH56. The drawing and photograph are very helpful...Ernie

Posted on: 2015/12/17 15:31
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved