Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
72 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 72

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Replacing the no-slip rubber covering on running boards
Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Meadows
See User information
The rubber--I assume it's rubber--no-slip surface on the running boards of a 1938 Packard 120 coupe needs to be replaced. The current no-slip rubber covering is cracked and fragmented.

How involved and expensive is it to replace no-slip rubber covering? The running boards themselves are solid.

as always
Garrett Meadows

Posted on: 2016/1/17 12:20
 Top  Print   

Re: Replacing the no-slip rubber covering on running boards
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
not sure what the precise current cost is, but Hunley Acuff (google for his website) does these, I think about 1200, fantastic work in the original manner.
Also there is a "new guy" that is providing just the covers, in Michigan I believe. Others will followup...

Are you serious about buying that coupe? Is it still for sale? In Florida if I recall?

Posted on: 2016/1/17 12:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Meadows
See User information
Thanks for the info. Before buying the couple, I'm just trying to get an idea of how much additional money I'm going to need to put into the exterior, exclusive of the paint/body. Since the running boards look "bad," in addition to the practical consideration, I figured I'd address those first.

As to whether the car is still available, I have yet to hear anything back from the owner. In all honestly, I'm take the no-response as the car is not available. Still, I'd like to start getting ideas on costs of repairs.

as always
Garrett Meadows

Posted on: 2016/1/17 12:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi Garrett

Before you pursue the '38 coupe in Florida, I'd recommend you seriously check out this all-original '40 120 coupe in Denver since its in the same price range. It appears to also need the runningboard covers replaced too. Colorado cars benefitted from dry climate and no road salt in winters then.

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5404488386.html

Let us know what you find out. Good Luck!

Steve

Posted on: 2016/1/17 19:17
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved