Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
246 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 244

BigKev, Tobs, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

1954 Packard Pacific
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

nivek123
See User information
I have a problem with my 54 Packard Pacific, the rocker panels and the lower rear quarter panels are rotten.
Would it be possible to take rocker panels from another 50 to 54 Packard, splice them if need be, and then mig weld to the body.

Is it possible to use rear quarter panels from anything other than a Packard Pacific.
If anyone has a Packard Pacific rear quarter panel for sale or rockers that would be best

Posted on: 2016/4/22 14:22
 Top  Print   

Re: 1954 Packard Pacific
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Have you checked out any of C2Cs replacement and patch panels to see if they might have something you can use. They may list the item for a specific model but many listed for convertibles and coupes can be used on your Pacific.http://www.c2cfabrication.com/collections/all/packard+packard+1954

Posted on: 2016/4/22 14:31
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

nivek123
See User information
Thank you for letting me know about that website. I am trying to upload the photographs of my Pacific and maybe you can take a look and see what I need to order. I hit attached file but it doesn't seem to work

Posted on: 2016/4/23 20:55
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
File size too large and some forbidden punctuation characters or too long a title are the usual reasons the photos won't post. Make sure the images are jpegs, less than 2 megs in size, and keep the title short and try for all letters and numerals.

Posted on: 2016/4/23 21:01
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

nivek123
See User information
Will a 1953 Packard Mayfair body be the same as a 1954 Packard Pacific body.Sandy from Tucson Packard as a Mayfair parts car that he says will be identical to the body of the Packard Pacific. I'm also struggling with my wheel wells are all rotted out on the rear.

Posted on: 2016/4/23 21:04
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Yes but holes for some trim will be in different spots. The 53 may also have to have a bit of work at the tail light holes. The 54 with the pods and senior lights use the same holes as the vertical lights but are just enough different.

Posted on: 2016/4/23 21:06
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

nivek123
See User information
Here's a pic of the problem area I have

Posted on: 2016/4/23 21:16
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

nivek123
See User information
Not sure if I'm clear on the definitions on that website that sells the body parts.
It looks like they had the inner and outer rocker panels which is great.
Then they sell the rear front Fender, of which that is my part that's rotted out,

Then they have the lower quarter panel. Is that the rear quarter panel? Does that go all the way from the door to the end of the car, over the rear wheel?

Posted on: 2016/4/23 21:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi nivek123

For a free photo shareware that's easy to use, tryhttp://www.irfanview.com/ The basic free version has a function to reduce the pixel count. You might also reset the quality setting on your camera to the "Good" which usually is enough.

On your quarter panels, if I understand correctly, only the lower portions ahead and behind plus the wheel-well itself are rusted? Do you intend to replace the complete quarter panel or just the lower section down? If the latter, sections from the 1953 two door Clipper sedans would also work. The complete panel might also be made to work, check the body parts catalog for any difference with those used on the Mayfair.

Steve

Posted on: 2016/4/24 7:37
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

nivek123
See User information
i found a website ,see previous tag,that makes rockers,quarter panels ,and rear front fender panels .they are pretty inexpensive as well ,have you seen that site.

Posted on: 2016/4/24 13:12
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved