Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
79 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 76

John Sauser, BigKev, waynecain, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Taxi advice needed
Home away from home
Home away from home

packardtaximan
See User information
I have two Packard projects and would value this sites input as what would be advisable. My situation is ; one 1948 LWB New York taxi project, the other is 1949 Chicago sedan taxi project. Ideally both should be restored, but my health and financial issues are not favorable for me to undertake both. The 49 will run and is mostly intact but needs complete restoration. The 48 is in pieces and not totally complete. Would sacrificing the 49 to complete the 48 be something acceptable? Thank you, Packardtaximan

Posted on: 2018/4/8 10:44
 Top  Print   

Re: Taxi advice needed
Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

My opinion, for what its worth, is since your '48 LWB New York taxi is the sole survivor of those cars, it should be the one restored. If you have to sacrifice the '49 Chicago sedan taxi to do so that is acceptable to save a real rarity.

Steve

Posted on: 2018/4/8 13:23
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardtaximan
See User information
58L8134, Thanks for your reply. I was thinking the same thing, but the 1949 taxi is also rare. I will do all I can to the LWB taxi before I part out the 49. Thanks again for your thoughts. Packardtaximan

Posted on: 2018/4/9 15:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
perhaps obvious, but focus on the taxi-only parts. There are lots of regular 48-49 Packards for other parts. Is it possible that both can live, even if one gets a new caretaker?

Posted on: 2018/4/9 16:21
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved