Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
213 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 212

DStone417, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Help with the site
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ronnie
See User information
Hi, can some one please help me and tell me where to go on the main menu to look for parts diagrams. Kind of having trouble finding it, thanks.

Posted on: 2018/4/15 0:31
 Top  Print   

Re: Help with the site
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Under Packard literature and manuals. The shop manuals have good illustration of all the parts.

Posted on: 2018/4/15 2:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ronnie
See User information
Thanks Sir,, very good info but still not what I was looking for. What I ran across one day where diagrams and part numbers, that involved surrounding parts.
Thanks for your reply.

Posted on: 2018/4/15 2:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ronnie
See User information
Found it guys, it's called 'Part Plate Index'

Had a clearer mind and less going on around me.

For those haven't seen this section of the site, it's really helpfull

Posted on: 2018/4/15 3:14
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
An interactive rendition of the parts plates and parts books in total is also available from the left main menu section. The PACKARD PARTS LIST heading will open a page where there are two columns. For those who already know a group number or wnere they need to look from another source the Master Parts List brings up the manual divided into categories with just group and part numbers showing. The Illustrated Parts Plate section is again divided into major categories but will make the plates visible so you can find the group number.

In the parts plate section clicking on a plate will expand it or clicking on the plate heading at the left will bring up the plate and below it all the group numbers shown on that page. From there clicking on a group number will bring up a list of all the part numbers under that group. Kev has made it so clicking on the part number will then bring up every model and year that used the same particular part number so you can have a wider selection of parts cars to look for when making the search for a part.

Posted on: 2018/4/15 8:41
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ronnie
See User information
Thank you Howard for shining more light on this topic. Do most parts have part numbers? And is thier a place on the site that describes a part let's say a fasteners length, grade and thread just for a matter of finding something that will be compatible like an interchange when running into a wall because I can imagine most Packard Parts are not readily available via catalog ( or am I wrong)

Big Kev if you see this thanks for doing all the leg work in the past, having this info online for me and other is very helpful.

Posted on: 2018/4/15 20:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
All parts have numbers and almost all of them have found their way into the various parts lists
It must be remembered that the purpose of the parts list was to enable dealers to provide appropriate replacement parts for items that were originally installed at the factory and that some of these may not be exactly the same as the originals, especially when it comes to fasteners
Standard fasteners such as screws, nuts, washers, cotter pins, etc. can be found in Group 50, Utility Parts and the listings but no illustrations are available on this site for 1955-56 under the searchable parts listing
Detailed Group 50 utility parts listings with illustrations can be found under the category for Parts Lists and Manuals on the home page for 1935-41, 1948-50 and 1955-56

Posted on: 2018/4/16 3:45
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
In addition to group 50 data for common items, in most cases there is a brief description of the fasteners needed with the part right after a particular part is listed in the parts book.

On the interactive parts list, here is a quick example of how that works: Looking at a common bolt on item such as a 55-6 flywheel first you see the Group is 5.0600. Going to that group and clicking brings up the flywheel and the different ones needed for the models. In the same listing is all the major fasteners associated with holding the flywheel to the engine and a brief description of size. Clicking on an individual flywheel part number brings up more info as to what years used it and in many cases more info on various fasteners needed within the item. In some but not all cases with common fasteners, Packard provided a referral to group 50 specs. If they did that info is listed too. In a lot of cases, particularly if there was something different about the fastener such as it being modified or specifically made for a part there is no group 50 info..

Posted on: 2018/4/16 9:24
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ronnie
See User information
Thanks Guys now I can navigate the site like a pro. This is making it a ton easier to work on my Packard.
Have a great week.

Posted on: 2018/4/16 11:20
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved