Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
241 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 239

Todd W. White, Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Brakes
Home away from home
Home away from home

Pat and Melanie Westerkamp
See User information
Hello all. I am getting ready to do the brakes on my 110. I will be doing the whole system. Does anyone know/have part numbers for wheel cylinders,brake hoses that local parts houses may have ie: NAPA etc.???????

Thanks in advance Pat

Posted on: 2018/5/3 19:57

1941 Packard 110 Club Coupe Deluxe
 Top  Print   

Re: Brakes
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Hey Pat,

I have done the brakes on my '39 Six and I tried to 'cross over' NAPA type parts with very limited success. Kanters has the wheel cylinders,(and master cylinder) shoes and hoses remanufactured and they are very reasonably priced. Just a tacit suggestion, but I would strongly consider getting 'exact-replacement' parts through somebody like them and then everything fits perfectly and your car stays 'original'. Makes the job a lot easier too! Like I say, just a suggestion....
Chris

Posted on: 2018/5/3 20:29
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Hey Chris, I will take your suggestion on that i found brake lines made for that car through classic tube......have you had any experience with them ????? How was the run out on your drums or did you get new????

Posted on: 2018/5/3 21:04

1941 Packard 110 Club Coupe Deluxe
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
New drums are not available. Usually, they have a long service life, and when they do go bad, then used good ones are swapped.

Posted on: 2018/5/4 9:30
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved