Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
164 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 164

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

paint code
Just popping in
Just popping in

cssvivor
See User information
i have looked on the door jam and the color code for my car is F. problem is the car is black and white and has never been repainted. does anyone know if this is common that the colors on the car and the code don,t match?
thanks for any input.
carl s.

Posted on: 2009/4/1 11:25
 Top  Print   

Re: paint code
Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
what year and model is the car?????

Posted on: 2009/4/1 11:33
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
What year and model car are we talking about? Code "F" represented quite a few different colors depending on year, but never represented a two-tone scheme, at least postwar.

It's unheard of to my knowledge that the car left the factory with a different paint scheme than shown on the ID plate. I suspect part if not all of your car has been repainted at some point, take a closer look as even the very best of repaints can leave a clue somewhere.

Posted on: 2009/4/1 12:02
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

todd jordan rayner
See User information
it is also a possibillity that someone had a wrecked car and swapped the tags onto yours from another for some reason. i have run into that several times when things don't add up.

Posted on: 2009/4/2 0:03
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

cssvivor
See User information
it,s a 53 patrician
evrything on the door plate matchs but ther paint code.
a friend of mine has the orignal paint books from the fifties and we checked the code. it should be one color.
plate on door pillar dosent appear to have been changed and have had no luck tracing the cars history

Posted on: 2009/4/24 18:19
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

cssvivor
See User information
not sure how purest packard people are about orignal. because code and color dfont match and interior needs redone i have deciced to do it in my chosen colors.
thanks to all for the input. as soon as i figure how i will post some pics as the project developes.
1 thought
its still american steet
not jap recycled tin

Posted on: 2009/4/26 10:37
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved