Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
169 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 165

azpack400, 39Rollson, Wat_Tyler, William Grosz, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Napa
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Did Napa change their website or did I loose a cookie or something. Before when going to their site, had a selection on left menu giving the the option to browse parts pro se catalog. Now when going to site, don't have that option and it wants a local store & vehicle by year, model etc. If that catalog option still available, what is the url if different than napaonline.com?

Posted on: 2009/12/5 18:43
 Top  Print   

Re: Napa
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
No, looks like they have secured their PartsProSE catalog. When I go to the stored link I have for the PartsProSE is now asks for a user name and password.

But, if you go to the top of the main page and click catalog, you can still do a part number/interchange search without supplying vehicle information.

Posted on: 2009/12/5 21:16
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Kev, thanks. That's what I was afraid of. Another resource bites the dust. Not knowing a part number or what car something was used on pretty much makes the site useless when not able to see the pictures of the various items when looking for something.

Posted on: 2009/12/5 21:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

scottie
See User information
It seems that "they" are making it necessary for us to have to speak with some young idiot who thinks a "neat" car is built in the Orient and has a whale fin on the back. Seeing this more and more, no matter where I go. In my town, however, NAPA has always been the worst. In 25+ some odd years of working on cars, I've only been able to purchase a part that I was looking for a grand total of one time! Even part numbers that are (were!) on NAPA's web site, the store here didn't carry and didn't know what I was talking about. Can you imagine how difficult things would be if we didn't have this wonderful forum?

Posted on: 2009/12/6 9:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Try :

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/cat/Replacement+Parts/C0001/00000.oap

Key in the part number. click 'go'.
Pick a part image and click on it.
Scroll about 1/2 down to the part description area AND CLICK ON "CAMPATABILITY" tab at top of description narrative box.

THAT will give u all of cars that the part will fit.

I tested it using CBE40 which is the 94 T'bird ecm that T'packman recently advised for e-ign conversion.

Posted on: 2009/12/6 10:24
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Quote:
In my town, however, NAPA has always been the worst.

<p>My experience has been exactly the opposite. Of course, there are two "old timers" at my local NAPA store who can and do actually read an old paper catalog. I suspect that is the difference.</p>
<p>Craig</p>

Posted on: 2009/12/6 10:51
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I've found Napa to be high priced. Rarely buy from them unless i just can't get the part anywhere else.

Napa here in Dickson Co. is a great store with alot of product and generaly good quality and name brand. But high priced.

I've quite AZO some years ago and began buying almost exclusively from AAP. But over the last 6 months or so AAP is getting poor. O'reilly's is now my first choice.

Posted on: 2009/12/6 10:58
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Even O'reillys needs a part number to start so doubt it would work & also none locally I know of--maybe one of their offshoots. Will have a look later.

What I am lamenting is the fact I want to buy a thermostat of certain type for AC on project. Needs to be of certain shape and size. Before, I could go to Napa, type in ac thermostat and it would bring up several pages of them. Could look at pictures, and narrow down to those I wanted or thought might work. Compare, take a picture snippet of item and part number and carry down to local store and have them get it. Now even typing in ac thermostat brings up a screen wanting a year and make before it goes any further. I know Napa has them because almost bought a few months ago then got sidetracked. No idea of part number or what it was used on so out of luck.

Posted on: 2009/12/6 11:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
ok. yes. i see what u mean now. If there is some other site that show's pics on a general part-name search then use that. Part numbers seem to span various suppliers now.

Post a pic of the AC T'stat here and we all can take a look and maybe give u some ideas.

Posted on: 2009/12/6 11:15
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
The two NAPA stores I deal with have some older staff members who really work to find the correct part so I guess I am fortunate.

Posted on: 2009/12/6 13:51

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved