Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
161 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 160

William Grosz, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Carb rebuilding
Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul Weeks
See User information
I have been told that I need my 50's carb rebuilt. I remember that there is a man that does this that is supposed to be the best. Seems like that you can do an exchange/ swap type thing for about $300. Anyone know who I am talking about? Anyone have a number?

Honestly, I cannot remember if it was on Packardinfo or if it was in The Cormorant News Bulletin, so I will look there also. As usual, thanks for any help you can offer! Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Posted on: 2011/11/23 23:45
 Top  Print   

Re: Carb rebuilding
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Daytona Carb is who you a referring to.

Posted on: 2011/11/23 23:46
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul Weeks
See User information
Was that here Kev? Or the Cormorant? Have any had experience with this company? I would like to have this done right the first time! :)

Posted on: 2011/11/23 23:56
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
They make most of the vintage CARB rebuild kits, and also offer top of the line CARB rebuild and restoration services.

Posted on: 2011/11/24 1:54
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Thomas Wilcox
See User information
Here is the website for Daytona Parts.

John at The Carburetor Shop also sells kits. I've used both for kits, and have been very satisfied. I am sending my 34 carb to Daytona for rebuilding.

Posted on: 2011/11/24 7:20
--
Thomas Wilcox
34 Roadster, [url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/r
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul Weeks
See User information
I like what I see at Daytona, I think I need them to do the rebuilding, so I know it is right. Does anyone know how long that takes? I thought I remembered that there was a place that had some done up and you sent in your old one as a core type thing... Anyway, about how long to send one in and for it to come back all shiny and new?

Posted on: 2011/11/26 0:37
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
You would have to call them. But there is the clean it up and rebuild it price, and the restore it (like new/show quality) price. Call the folks at Daytona as I am sure their lead time changes based on current work load.

Posted on: 2011/11/26 0:39
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Andrew Armitage
See User information
I just had the carburetor for my '41 Cadillac rebuilt by them. (I just got it back from them about two weeks ago). I'm completely satisfied with their work. A truly professional company. I wouldn't hesitate to send another carb to them.

You have to send them your carburetor which will be restored and sent back to you. A complete restoration runs about $300.

The lead time is about 5 weeks. Mostly due to the volume of carburetors they receive, they do them in the order that they receive them.

Even the way they package your carburetor and send it back to you shows that they really pay attention to detail.

Attach file:

jpg  (85.71 KB)
4045_4ed0cf7c03c99.jpg 960X720 px

jpg  (66.54 KB)
4045_4ed0cf9d28b9d.jpg 960X720 px

Posted on: 2011/11/26 6:39
Andrew Armitage
Plainfield, IL
'47 Packard Custom Super Clipper Eight Limousine
'41 Cadillac Sixty-Seven Series
'40 Buick Limited
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul Weeks
See User information
MAN!! Is that the same carb? It hardly looks like the same one. I am afraid that might shame the rest of my engine bay! I emailed Daytona this evening and will proceed with what they tell me tomorrow. I am thinking I maay need to take before and after photos too. Thanks for post that.

Posted on: 2011/11/28 21:58
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Andrew Armitage
See User information
Yes, absolutely the same carb. It's not a rebuild, it's a restoration!

After they finish with the restoration they will call you and discuss what they found after it was all taken apart. They'll give you suggestions as to other items that may need to be addressed so the carb doesn't develop the same issues again that they just rectified.

The carb works flawless.

But like you said, almost caused me to pull the engine because it puts that ratty intake that it sits on and exhaust that wraps around it to shame!

If the engine didn't run so darn good, I'd probably give it some good thought!

Attach file:

jpg  (93.94 KB)
4045_4ed4722ea0760.jpg 962X642 px

Posted on: 2011/11/29 0:50
Andrew Armitage
Plainfield, IL
'47 Packard Custom Super Clipper Eight Limousine
'41 Cadillac Sixty-Seven Series
'40 Buick Limited
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved