Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
252 user(s) are online (167 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 252

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard Friendly Intersection
Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
I took the 400 out for an afternoon jaunt and put 148 miles on her. I decided to drive south from Tucson and get a burger in Patagonia Arizona. The car preformed very well and I averaged about 11-12 mpg, through varied terrains, elevations and speeds (no cops around). She cruised very well at what I think her sweet spot is; 60MPH? At the US Border Patrol checkpoint north of Sonoita Arizona, the young Border patrolman who checking vehicle occupants was practically speechless. Truth be told, he sported a wide grin too as I chatted with him about the Packard.

Since I had the camera with me, I decided to get a couple of pictures at a neighborhood intersection near my home. Pierce Arrow, Dusenberg, La Salle and Marmon are some of the other street names in this small neighborhood. The homes in this area were built about (15-20) years ago by the Chirco Construction Company. Those that recognize that company name quickly get a hint about that special family.

I look forward to September or an appointment with Vintage Air because the 'hot' is here. You guyz back east and up north, it's your turn now for some great driving days.

Attach file:

jpg  (80.31 KB)
20_4f9de01322ac4.jpg 1280X853 px

jpg  (140.26 KB)
20_4f9de0aabb0b4.jpg 1280X853 px

Posted on: 2012/4/29 19:48
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard Friendly Intersection
Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Click to see original Image in a new window
Kevin, I'm ...glad to know you're happy.

[picture source: www.cdn.vital.de]

Posted on: 2012/4/29 20:04
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Gerd, you have done it again -- a photo for every occasion -- although that party looks like it is about to come to a sudden end. The guest appears to have had enough and is weighing the options -- make short work of the honoree, the bone or the photographer.

Posted on: 2012/4/29 20:23
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Grimes
See User information
Looks like the town clerk or the sign maker decided "Caribbean" would look better spelled "Carribean" or perhaps there was already a "Caribbean" street.

Posted on: 2012/4/29 21:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Sweet spot at 60??????

Mine just keeps speeding up if I don't keep a good eye on her....

Posted on: 2012/5/3 11:06
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved