Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
69 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 67

Dell, CarFreak, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 13 14 15 (16)

Re: There are rumors in circulation...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information

Posted on: 2020/12/28 14:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Automotive literature is full of grandiose inventions and dark premonitions when it comes to illustrating Soviet products. Anyone who had accumulated a profound wealth of knowledge through intensive study of regional newspapers is able to visualize inline V8 engines or Russian cars with six engines, even without taking halocigenic substances. To deal with lindworms, fire-breathing dragons or seven-cylinder cars from the Moscow secret service is daily routine for reporters from The Cairns Post. In 1945, the Austrailian Sunday Telegraph have attempted to take the lead in this genre with the following report on a three-seat ZIS (the image is a Photoshop illusion, the text is real).

Attach file:

jpg  1945 Sunday Telegraph Australia.jpg (227.65 KB)
757_663fcd9c1c23e.jpg 1218X1464 px

Posted on: 5/11 14:57
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

This photo was one of several taken of a ZIS that lived for a time in Southern California. It was owned by Trend, Inc. and was serviced at Earle C. Anthony's Hope Street Packard dealership facility. This ZIS was confiscated in Korea during the war there and brought to the USA.

I have numerous 8 x 10 glossy photos of this ZIS taken at ECA and around Southern California. Some even show the car up on a rack being serviced at ECA. The service manager made a report on this car and so did a journalist. I have both of the original reports. Saved them many years ago.

This ZIS was also displayed at a Petersen Motorama that was held annually at the old Pan Pacific Auditorium. It was once well-known inSoCal. I have photos of it on display there as well. One of my photos was published years ago in The Packard Cormorant magazine, the glossy magazine of The Packard Club.

Posted on: 5/11 21:45
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

« 1 ... 13 14 15 (16)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved