Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
205 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 202

Ozstatman, Guscha, DavidM, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Headliner Retainers 51 Club Sedan
Home away from home
Home away from home

James Russell Packard III
See User information
i have been following your excellent progress.
i have a question . will a 51 Patrician Windshield/screen fit in a 53 200 Deluxe. the look the same. (the later Patricians had bigger glass with corners. but my 200 has the rounded windshield . i found a donor car and i need to find the part numbers in the x ref . to see if it is the same windshield. unless anybody knows if they are or are not.

Posted on: 2014/7/13 20:43
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
All 53-54 Sedans (Clipper or Senior) use the same windshield (with pointed corners) 51-52 use the rounded corner windshield. NO interchange between 51-52 and 53-54.

Posted on: 2014/7/13 21:34
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Larry51
See User information
Thanks for that info BigKev. Helpful about the fibre board panels in the B-pillars, I wasn't sure about that area especially how they are secured to the body.

I have seen your pics of the headliner retainers and headliner in your car but as mentioned above the 2-door Club Sedans had the headliner retained a different way in them. I was looking through all my bits and pieces for the tooth strips that would fit above the rear quarter windows in my '51 and couldn't find any apart from the front ones (which fit same way as on a 4-door) so I started thinking about how it was done.

There is no space / room for a tooth strip to go above rear windows and no holes in the roof 'beam' where one was screwed into it. There are just tack holes up and under the window frame (- some with the tacks still there).

Then Brian posted the pics above which confirmed what I was thinking. I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has a '51 or similar Club Sedan who has some tooth strip retainers but it seems very likely that Packard did it with no strips, and just held the liner under the flex channel with tacks.

Posted on: 2014/7/14 18:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Larry51
See User information
Rusty the only windscreens that were shared between the '51 and '53 cars according to the Parts Listing were on the '51 250 Sports Coupe and 250 Convertible which were the same part number as on the '53 300 Mayfair, Caribbean and 300 Convertible Coupe (models 2677-78-79). Part number for that screen was 432433. As BigKev says, the 51 Patrician screen won't fit the '53 Clipper.

Posted on: 2014/7/14 19:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

James Russell Packard III
See User information
no . the question was. will the 51 patrician windshield fit my 52 200 deluxe.?

so far i have determined with yours all help that it will fit. but i would like to be sure. before i buy. i see i made a mistake before and stated that my 200 deluxe was a 53. no its a 26th series 52!

thanks you guys

Posted on: 2014/7/14 19:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Larry51
See User information
Bit of a problem wuith your description because 26th series was 1953, and all 1952 was 25th. So I guess your car is a 1952 200 deluxe, so to be sure just check the VIN and see if it says 2562.

If the screen you are looking at is definitely from a 1951 Patrician 400 (VIN should say model 2452) you will be OK to use it. Part numbers are the same for those two models. Different for 1953 screen which will not fit. Part number is 424570, see page 561 of Parts Manual at Parts Manual Group 31.404 - Glass. Good luck getting that screen, I think they're hard to find!

Posted on: 2014/7/14 20:32
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved