Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
213 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 212

Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Starter Button and General Wiring Questions - 1941 Packard 110
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
My 115C's starter button operates with the key in the "Off" position. I like this feature as I can turn the engine over without it starting. Handy for priming carb and getting some oil circulating after a long snooze. Also convenient for "bumping" the engine over to adjust points. I recommend you keep this feature and not change the wiring around. Good news on your wiring trouble shooting. It's always the simple things that cause the problems.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2014/8/14 13:11
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
That is good news. Also glad it was simple, not something wrong with the wire loom, and you didn't have to tear things apart to find the problem.

Posted on: 2014/8/14 13:26
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
The starter button on my 39 120 works as well with the key on or off. If you are lucky, you will have an old style starter relay on the starter that has a button on the end, next to the fire wall. The button has a metal screw on cap covering it. You can push it to spin the starter. That makes it really easy to line up the rotor and adjust the points. I haven't seen one of these in a long time, but I've bought old starters at swap meets just to get the old type relay. And they don't seem to fail.

Posted on: 2014/8/14 16:47
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
An active starter motor circuit without an active ignition, whether by button, toeboard pedal or whatever, was pretty much the standard of the prewar era. Ditto the thermostatic breaker on the headlight circuit, at least for Packard and other higher quality cars, going back to at least the early 30s and perhaps much earlier than that.

Posted on: 2014/8/15 9:33
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved