Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
225 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 225

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1941 Packard 110 Club Coupe - Interior Restoration Questions and Confusion
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
This discussion is illuminating to an odd observation from the past. At the Canandaigua national meet eons ago, there was a 41 coupe with the leather option interior. I was astounded that it had a napped headliner, but not any more.

Posted on: 2015/6/17 5:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

1940-120
See User information
I don't want to hijack this thread, but if anyone is interested I can offer Upholstery info for the 1940 18XX models. It may be of assistance.

Fred D

Posted on: 2015/6/17 7:46
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I'm questioning the statement that headliners were tan regardless of the color of the other interior fabric colors, are we sure that's correct? It is inconsistent with at least some other (earlier) years and models.

Posted on: 2015/6/17 8:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ragtime Kid
See User information
Yes, I'd really like to clarify this as well...I am 24 hrs away from committing to a new headliner as my upholstery is going together and still not sure what the right answer is.

Posted on: 2015/6/17 16:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
Quote:

Owen_Dyneto wrote:
I'm questioning the statement that headliners were tan regardless of the color of the other interior fabric colors, are we sure that's correct? It is inconsistent with at least some other (earlier) years and models.

The comment was made in the context of this thread which relates to 1940 junior models.

Replacement headliner material shown under bulk trim materials in the 1935-41 parts list as "Fabric, Upholstering 61" headlining material napped", #325195 shows it used for most junior closed cars from 1938 to 1941 with no mention of an alternate material for different interior trim codes. This is a pretty good clue that the same material was used as original equipment for these cars.

Perhaps someone with an original interior can comment on color variations, but it is my recollection that the headliners for these years were a tan or taupe color.

Posted on: 2015/6/17 21:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
My all original 36 120 headliner was brown. Im sure it was lighter in color when original but it wasn't tan or gray! I can try to take a picture when I get to town and visit my old car (like I do sometimes). Man I miss that car!

Posted on: 2015/6/18 7:32
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved