Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
255 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 255

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: P.H. Ratrod
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Interesting is a word. Most of the changes might be livable considering the it was the era of huge fins and extreme styling. IMO, the bug eye look never was very attractive so can only imagine what it would like like it that was supposed to be chrome pods. That would really draw attention to them.

Posted on: 2012/8/10 11:04
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John McCall and Mitch Parker
See User information
Sorry, you misunderstood my detail on the headlight pods. I am simply calling for a continuation of the top stainless trim feature to extend onto the pod (which would remain painted). My rationale was to help the appearance of length on the shorter wheelbase and to emphasize the mid-secion feature of the car (in the spirit of the 56 version).

In any event, thanks for taking the time to examine these details!

Posted on: 2012/8/10 12:06
1956 Packard Caribbean Convertible
1956 Packard Patrician Touring Sedan
1938 Eight Touring Sedan
1949 Custom Eight Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
That's a relief. Maybe not too obvious then. IMO, even with the large fin to match the times, the 58 was not that bad looking -- except for those huge pods they used when joining the quad headlight movement. The 58 single light Studes looked fairly decent. Can't help but wonder if the quad headlight attempt to stay competitive was worth it -- did they sell more by having them or did the look drive more away than they attracted.

Posted on: 2012/8/10 12:34
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Mike O'Handley
See User information
The yellow PH featured in the original post to this thread has been in a U Pick It yard in Kansas City since last December or so; the victim of a fire. There was nothing salvageable left of the fiberglass body parts.

Posted on: 2012/8/19 18:28
Mike O'Handley
Kenmore, Washington
hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved