Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
149 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 147

RKS, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Windshield Sealant around Stainless Molding
Home away from home
Home away from home

James Russell Packard III
See User information
quote :
Maybe some stainless trims are a really good fit but I went through mine (- have three sets) and picked the best but none of them were a happy fit. It makes me wonder about what the Manual says - ' . . . attach the trims to the seal before inserting the glass into the body . . . '.I wonder how many people have tried doing it that way? And - did it work?
(BigKev)

Me: YES and NO ( it does not work like that ) least for me. i had the same issues as you. i used the refered to body 3M contact cement meant for stainless/rubber/steel

Posted on: 2014/8/3 11:43
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Me: YES and NO ( it does not work like that ) least for me. i had the same issues as you. i used the refered to body 3M contact cement meant for stainless/rubber/steel

Same here. On the 56 some pieces stayed and others popped right back out. I really wonder if todays issues are because the rubber replacement strip is just too soft for a good hold.

Posted on: 2014/8/3 12:23
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

James Russell Packard III
See User information
for the price of those Rubber windshield gaskets they should install themselves! i got mine on sale for over a hundred but those Steele ones and the ones from Kanters are over Two Hundred!

Posted on: 2014/8/3 16:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Thank you for contacting 3M, the Innovation Company.

Typically our 08609 Super Fast Urethane works well for that application. The product is an adhesive sealant so it will cure up and bond very well. If you need to remove it in the future it will need to be cut out.

Posted on: 2014/8/6 12:58
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved