Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
217 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 216

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: refitting fuel pump to 38 Twelve
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packardbarry
See User information
From passed working with these FACTORY Dwgs there right on. From that i would say that front view of the engine will give u the correct configuration of the Arm.

Posted on: 2015/12/2 8:53
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

pete
See User information
classicandexotic.com had new arms for v12 but show out of stock now, might want to call and see if they can help you.

Posted on: 2015/12/3 19:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Packard
See User information
Yes. Very sad that Classic and exotic are out of stock. We heated the arm to cherry red and bent cautiously and conservatively ( with suitable coolant soaked rags to prevent frying the internals of the pump). It went well but we needed to put another adjustment onto the arm and it simply fell off when it got to glowing the second time. It was nowhere near cherry. I am not aware of the arm material characteristics but it must be a very high carbon steel to have reacted so strongly to a hot bend. I have bypassed the mechanical fuel pump and installed a second electric fuel pump as a back-up. I shall surf the internet and my friends. Flackmaster is on the scent and his gift for sourcing unobtainium is legendary....try keeping up with him at Hershey! Best Regards, Peter Toet.

Posted on: 2015/12/16 1:23
I like people, Packards and old motorbikes
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Have you contacted Brian at Classic & Exotic to see if the arms will be back in production and if so, when? I'll send him an email this AM and let you know what he says.

UPDATE. Quick response from Brian at Classic & Exotic, "Dave, the arms are on the schedule. We should have some by the end of January."

Posted on: 2015/12/16 9:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Packard
See User information
Thanks for checking Dave, I sent an email to Classic and Exotic asking when the arms would be re-available. Looks like you have given me the info. PT

Posted on: 2015/12/16 18:08
I like people, Packards and old motorbikes
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Probably a bit late at this point but I just came across this factory illustration of the Twelve fuel pump in the 33-34 Service Letters. It clearly shows the shape of the actuating lever. This is the same pump (AC 1778) used on all Twelves except 1932.

Attach file:

jpg  (92.72 KB)
177_5693c348de3f9.jpg 843X1280 px

Posted on: 2016/1/11 9:59
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved