Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
250 user(s) are online (176 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 5
Guests: 245

Packard Don, BigKev, Ozstatman, Don 37, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Ultramatic Parts Question
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Fred, Ford bought that Packard from me. It was my first Packard, a 1954 Caribbean. I delivered it to the Ford transmission plant in Livonia, MI. A small thing I remember about the transaction, my father typed me out a bill of sale that Ford required. He typed the bill of sale to: "Ford Motor Car Company". Not quite right but they accepted it and handed me a check for $ 1750.00. Small world, I did not know anyone knew about that.

Posted on: 2010/11/9 7:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
Joel,

I have spies everywhere!! Actually you told me the story but I didn't want to reveal that you were the traitor who gave away Packard's secret weapon. If it weren't for you Packard would have risen from the ashes.

PS Mrs. Delorean whose husband John worked on the Ultramatic aluminum case development is ocming to visit us soon, she lives locally.

Fred

Posted on: 2010/11/9 13:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Wow, the mind is a terrible thing to waste. I am starting to hide my own Easter eggs now. That was so many years ago that I forgot about telling anyone about it. I believe Ford had already started on the "automatic overdrive" program but wanted a running sample to disect beforehand.

Posted on: 2010/11/9 13:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike
See User information
Quote:

PS Mrs. Delorean whose husband John worked on the Ultramatic aluminum case development is ocming to visit us soon, she lives locally.
Fred

Can she use one of her husband's cars to go back in time and save Packard?!

Also, if she goes back, please ask them, when they're designing the Ultramatic, to make it start in low then shift automatically and smoothly, like a TH350 with a nice lockup converter.

And make some extra TV linkage rods for the 1950 model so i'll be able to find one now.

Also, if she has a chance to stop along in like 2001-2002, ask her to find younger me and tell me that the 68 cutlass will never run again and that when i meet the first girl i proposed to, don't.

I'll check back to this thread shortly to see if she was able to change the past.

Edit: No changes yet, although i'd think they'd be instant in our time.

Posted on: 2010/11/9 15:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
Also, if she goes back, please ask them, when they're designing the Ultramatic, to make it start in low then shift automatically and smoothly, like a TH350 with a nice lockup converter.

They did that in '54 starting with the Gear Start. Looks like it was instantaneous!

Posted on: 2010/11/9 15:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike
See User information
So in theory, i invented the gear start ultramatic?! No thanks necessary!

Posted on: 2010/11/9 23:29
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Why didn't you have it tested a little more thoroughly?

Posted on: 2010/11/9 23:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike
See User information
I always thought i'd have more time! Also, i couldn't find any local Packard dealerships, so our time travel meddling hasn't been totally successful.

Posted on: 2010/11/10 8:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

56executive
See User information
Fred
Check Service Counselor vol 25 #5 on the thin wall bushings
Roscoe

Attach file:

jpg  (130.04 KB)
1052_4cdb2281acc05.jpg 624X1248 px

Posted on: 2010/11/10 17:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
Roscoe,

I graduated from Packard University so long ago I guess I forgot the info. in the Service Counselor. Thanks for the refresher course.

Duly noted.

Fred

Posted on: 2010/11/19 6:09
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved