Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
204 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 201

Don B, humanpotatohybrid, Frogmagic, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

Re: 1955 and 56 trunk liners and trim
Home away from home
Home away from home

d c
See User information
O D this is true but the paint is over the textured sound deadening spray. The factory style treatment looks good. I did see the panels placed close to the quarter trim are more period correct. I see the left side panel tucks behind the pinch weld flange on the filler tube housing and was wondering how this is accomplished? Are the panels much shorter so as to be tucked down from the top? All the pictures are taken at an angle so as not to show this. The panels cut larger as my upholstery guy has done are full coverege and they do fit very nicely since the inner lip does align exactly with the pinch weld on the tubs . The panels fit perfectly here.
JW wrote ... But you should clean the spere...
I was reluctant to touch the spare as i did not want to put any chemicals on it to deteriorate the rubber. Arm? Wth shoe polish?

Attach file:

jpg  (140.92 KB)
1794_54ea253f67c2d.jpg 960X1280 px

Posted on: 2015/2/22 13:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

d c
See User information
Does anyone know exactly how the jack, jack base mounts? I checked the owners manual and it has no info on this.

Attach file:

jpg  (89.81 KB)
1794_54ea2677a5522.jpg 960X1280 px

Posted on: 2015/2/22 13:57
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Does anyone know exactly how the jack, jack base mounts? I checked the owners manual and it has no info on this.

That's been asked and answered many times, no doubt you missed it. They were not "mounted" but packed in a cardboard box that sat over the differential "hump". See the picture in post #8 of this thread.

Attach file:

jpg  (45.46 KB)
177_54ea2ee348e00.jpg 755X492 px

Posted on: 2015/2/22 14:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

d c
See User information
Ah. OK great. Thanks.

Posted on: 2015/2/22 14:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

d c
See User information
Will have to explore other options as the box is long gone. Jack base does still have the sticker though, in the same spot.

Posted on: 2015/2/22 14:38
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I don't know if this source is still active, but it was 3 years ago. Give it a try and let us know. If the email doesn't work, Don is an active PAC member and you can get his contact info from your membership directory, assuming you're a PAC member.

Attach file:

jpg  (66.45 KB)
177_54ea3fb04c59b.jpg 973X1280 px

Posted on: 2015/2/22 15:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

d c
See User information
I did look into a PAC membership and was willing to pay the membership fee for more information on the current judging standards for my year and model. I did cruise the website and correct me if I am wrong but after paying membership dues the judging criteria are still not accessible? Or are so only at an additional cost. I then tried the aac a page and tried the link to the judging library and was quite surprised and disappointed. I realize the info has taken time and resources to compile but in this day and age "pulling sheets from the library and photocopying and charging by the page" ?
Some should realize that some of these fees and additional processes are what turn away the more modern day ,information age enthusiast who may be kindling an interest in this side of the hobby. May I suggest a fee for membership and access to at least the criteria for 1 car,( your current registered vehicle? Saw the grumbles of some on that page- Poss this is 1 of the reasons for diminishing membership?
I guess maybe some are just not well heeled enough to partake in factory correct restorations.
D C

Posted on: 2015/2/23 9:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

d c
See User information
Thanks for the info on the box. I must have missed it. I am not interested though so will not be able to update on its availability. Nothing special about it. For me it is about the special, unique things visible on these classics and the innovative (for the time) engineering and design. I think an open wooden box or a display rack on holder on the axle hump would be more appropriate. Poss 1 of my 60 or 70 year old tap and die set boxes would be cool.
May I jest a bit- 35 dollars for a jack in the box? Out ragious my good man!

Posted on: 2015/2/23 9:30
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Given the quite small market for the jack boxes (a couple of dozen, perhaps) and the cost for die-cutting and folding dies, I thought it was a reasonable price - I'm sure the venture and others like this are more often than not loosing propositions.

I've been a PAC member for more than 50 years and to me the values of membership are the life-long friendships made, high quality and content of the publications, and the various driving tours, both national and local. I'm not aware of a PAC "judging guide" where did you read about a PAC guide?

Posted on: 2015/2/23 9:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
OD,

What is that last tool in the picture? The one at the very right. What is it used for? Is it shown being used in the owners manual?

Posted on: 2015/2/23 14:11
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved