Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
136 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 133

BigKev, Bob Supina, Mr.Pushbutton , more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 35 36 37 (38) 39 40 41 42 »

Re: 1956 Clipper Hot Rod
Home away from home
Home away from home

Thomas Wilcox
See User information
Quote:

55PackardGuy wrote:

If I ever need to paint raised letters on a valve cover or such, here's my plan. Don't know if it would work, but...

Paint the entire cover in the color you want for the raised letters. Paint it again, the color you want for the rest of the cover. Carefully rub off the second coat of paint with a piece of emery cloth attached to a suitable flat sanding block, revealing the other color underneath. Polish with low grit rubbing compound to get the paint to shine.

That is basically how we do it, but we roll overspray mask across the letters before the second color. Then we can buff the entire part, and the letters come right through. Just be sure to use a firm roller for the overspray mask.

Cheers,

Tom

Posted on: 2013/2/14 11:42
--
Thomas Wilcox
34 Roadster, [url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/r
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Well here is the latest update. I don't remember if I posted separately for this or if it is in this blog somewhere. I tried a search and gave up. I found the carb linkage rod that I had lost and that in and of itself has led to confusion. However I am not going to lose any sleep over it, the bottom line is I found it. The shop is going to spin test the engine and check the oil pressure and at that point they are done. Of course I am still out of work so God only knows how I am going to pay for this. No luck on the job market. I have two feelers out, one in Peoria Ill and one in Santa Fe New Mex. Neither one is desirable, but if either one offers I will have to accept. Of the two I think I would prefer Santa Fe. No snow. However I will still keep plugging away.

ALK

Posted on: 2013/3/21 5:39
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Al, Santa Fe gets plenty of snow. Generally, the weather is mild, but the winters can be cold. Storm effects do not last long as the sun shine and dry climate take care of snow removal. The sky there is absolutely beautiful, being a dark blue. Summers are the best time. High altitude of 7,200 feet will take a bit of getting used to. Water boils at 195F and your vehicles will be down about 21 percent in power because of the altitude. I prefer Santa Fe over Austin, but this is where my daughter and her family live. I hope your job situation works out well for you. PM me if you get the Santa Fe job and want some local information.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/3/21 10:33
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS and both the same news............

Engine is done and ready to be picked up.............

Posted on: 2013/4/3 8:03
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Really bad news. I have come up with a plan to finish this project. However due to the economy, the job situation(unemp since Dec) and my unemp. ins running out in July, I may have to put the car up for sale. This will most likely preempt my putting this in any National meet. That may have to be done by the next owner. My reason for posting this here and now is to gauge the interest in the car and starting at about the $17.5K mark. Now granted the economy is tight but I will not sell the car for anything under the 5 digit mark. No distress sale this time around. Even though the situation is dire, the car is not eating groceries, so no need to fire sale it. Like I said I am just trying to feel out the market this point, so any opinions are welcome.

ALK

Posted on: 2013/6/8 9:21
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Well the last phase of the project is starting. The engine is paid for and has been delivered to the body shop. The car was delivered this morning. They will start the assembly next week. There are a few fine points to go over but I would think that with in two weeks I should be able to go and get it.

Posted on: 2013/10/4 9:32
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
can't wait to see it all together again!

Hank

Posted on: 2013/10/4 11:39
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
I wonder if the instances of alcohol abuse coincides with the number of Packard projects that are out there?

Got a phone call this morning from the shop. It now appears the there is a broken motor mount and the other is such bad shape that the engine won't go in with it there. So Mike Dulinski to the rescue.

I think I am going to take up drinking.

Posted on: 2013/10/14 9:17
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
the cheapest brand new motor mounts i;ve seen are on ebay. i used them and they are great so far.

Posted on: 2013/10/14 10:10
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Well got a set of motor mounts from M.Dul. The shop says they are going to try and crank it over this weekend, I'll believe it when I see it.

Posted on: 2013/11/12 16:23
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 35 36 37 (38) 39 40 41 42 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved