Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
162 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 161

JWL, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »

Re: 36th Annual Texas Packard Meet
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Seeing the CCCA badge I am sure it is the car I know. Completely inauthentic metallic size in the paint, bordering on 1970 Schwinn bannana seat metalflake.
Terrific road car, I'd give that car to my mother to drive across country.

Posted on: 2013/4/9 13:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
I bought one of those Schwinn Sting Rays brand new. $67.

I call it "bass boat" paint, although your description may be closer to correct.

Posted on: 2013/4/9 14:13
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Yes, at least one (maybe two) of the cars present at Salado previously belonged to Jim Hollingsworth.

Posted on: 2013/4/9 15:18
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
I liked the second batch of photos, especially the one of the car from Billings MT! I guess it's only fair that my 39 Packard 120 is originally from Dallas TX!

Posted on: 2013/4/9 16:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
I did not find RimRock in the dealer listing.

But I did find where this dealership was from........

Attach file:

jpg  (69.32 KB)
1220_5164a809e6dc1.jpg 960X720 px

jpg  (74.89 KB)
1220_5164a86a1336a.jpg 960X720 px

Posted on: 2013/4/9 18:47
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jessie
See User information
The clipper belongs to us (This is Jessie's wife) his direct words were "I aint scared" the drive was a good way to figure out everything we need to work on! Jessie had it all ripped apart again when I got home from work yesterday, we shall see what he figures out! Be on the lookout for more questions, im sure!

Quote:

JW wrote:
Howard,

The Caribbean is equipped with a Delco ignition system. As you know, the Delco distributors came with a resistor rotor. The resistor burned out and the rotor failed.

The owner and another participant drove to all the area to various parts houses looking for a new rotor. None were to be had. This is strange, as this rotor must fit many cars from the period. They finally found one from yet another participant at the Stagecoach Inn.

Ironically, Feltz Terrill was at the Meet and at the Saturday swap meet was selling tune-up kits to fit the Delco V-8 distributor. I understand the owner bought a few of them.

Back in the day we used to replace these resistor rotors with conventional ones. The cars ran better and there was no increase in ignition noise on the radio. It was an FCC requirement to have suppression devices on vehicle ignition systems to lessen noise on radios and tvs.

For those V-8 Packards with Delco systems, I recommend replacing the resistor rotor with a conventional type.

The Clipper looked to be an unrestored car with lots of deferred maintenance items. It had a carburetor flooding problem, an over heating problem, and questionable ignition system. It was given the Hard Luck Driving award for its problems. Unfortunate experience for a first time attendee. I hope he comes back next year.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/4/9 22:20
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jessie
See User information
I also have some more photos in the works, I will try to post them tonight or tomorrow....

Posted on: 2013/4/9 22:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
One more item from the Salado meet that many of you may have an interest.

At the Sunday morning organizational meeting the group voted to have an award to honor Jim Hollingsworth. Jim was a long-time participant, maybe an original, at Salado. He would show one, sometimes two, of his Packards, which he drove to the Meet from his home in the Dallas area. He loved to drive his Packards and put thousands of miles on them.

Starting with the 2014 meeting, the long distance award will be in memory of Jim. The Packard which is driven the longest distance to the Meet will be awarded a beautiful polished stainless steel trophy bowl appropriately engraved to honor Jim and the distance driven.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/4/10 11:32
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
JW,

Emerson Duke showed me the bowl. I am going to find a nice long route to take to win that award.

Posted on: 2013/4/10 14:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Mike, I should have mentioned Emerson and Steve Chapman are sponsoring the award for 10 years.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/4/10 15:24
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved