Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
160 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 158

ECAnthony, todd landis, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »

Re: Packard Nat'L Meet in Des Moines
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Many thanks for contributing to P'Info. It doesn't matter what club - if any - someone belongs to, but Packard enthusiasts always enjoy seeing the cars displayed in public.

Posted on: 2008/7/8 7:44
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

p400
See User information
The meet in Branson will be held June 22-26, 2009
The host hotel is the Lodge of the Ozarks - rate $75/night

Posted on: 2008/7/9 13:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
Very reasonable rooms. Wonder how crowded it will be. Haven't been to Branson for 15 years.

DanL

Posted on: 2008/7/9 20:15
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jeff
See User information
Hey everyone,

First, I had GREAT time in Des Moines. After being in the club for 23 years, I finally was able to stay for the entire week. Our Hawkeye friends did a fine job.

To answer the question about the 2009 Meet in Branson, the Meet will be held the same week as this year, officially June 22 - 26. The host hotel (Lodge of the Ozarks) is offering us room rates of $75/night. This rate will be good for the weekend preceeding and following the meet for those that would like to see a little more of the Ozarks and the entertainment in Branson.

I am busy constructing a webpage which will have details added as they become available. In the meantime, if anyone has questions about the 2009 Meet, please let me know. Glad to answer what I can.

Jeff Pachl
Mid-America Packards
www.midamericapackards.org

Posted on: 2008/7/18 13:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Jeff

How far away is the nearest campground. Is there one in Branson.

Posted on: 2008/7/18 13:56
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jeff
See User information
I believe there are several around the town, and close by the host hotel. Are you looking for an RV park? One of our members has stayed at one just on the other (south) side of Table Rock Dam. It looks like the two nearest the hotel are Branson Shenanigans RV Park and Oak Grove RV Park.

I hope this is helpful in the short term. I will find some detailed info for you and anyone else looking for such.

Jeff

Posted on: 2008/7/18 14:39
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I for one know I can make the Branson meet, as it's not that far for me to go, and I've been there before.

One word of advice for Packard owners driving their Packards to Branson: Make absolutely sure your brake system is ABOVE 100%. The streets in that town and the surrounding area will test ANY brake system, as it's one of the hilliest I've ever seen. Oh, and the drivers I encountered there are insane!

Posted on: 2008/7/18 20:11
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Ron Ferguson
See User information
Hehehe big 10/4 on the drivers there - Bubba Shot the Juke Box Last Night. I use to have a farm bout 20 miles outta town. WOW!!!

Posted on: 2008/7/19 5:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Jeff

Just for an alternative idea, does the host hotel allow small pets?????

AlK

Posted on: 2008/7/20 7:48
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jeff
See User information
Our main Host Hotel (Lodge of the Ozarks) does not allow pets. We are checking on our over-flow hotels for their pet policies. We are also contacting several of the RV/Campgrounds to see if they will give reduced rates for Packard National attendees. I will let everyone know the outcome.

The advice on brakes is a good one. I saw the result of brake failure at the '93 Meet in Asheville, NC. Not good. The terrain in the Ozarks is beautiful, and the driving is great. But the hills are steep, going up and coming down. We are laying tour routes that will give everyone a taste of the Ozarks without ending in disaster.

One reason (of many) that we chose the Lodge of the Ozarks for our host hotel is their level parking lot. Many of the hotels in town are built on a hill, with resulting steep parking areas.

Posted on: 2008/7/24 7:43
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved