Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
79 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 79

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

Packard Nat'L Meet in Des Moines
Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
Greetings Packard Lovers,

As a newcomer to Packardland, I have never been to a Nat'l Meet before. I plan to be at Des Moines next week (floods permitting), but can't get there till Tuesday.

What can I expect?
What are your favorite/ least favorite parts?
Any great advise out there?

Dan'L

Posted on: 2008/6/17 0:32
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard Nat'L Meet in Des Moines
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Dan, the best part of a national meet is in the evening in the parking lot talking with fellow Packard owners and learning all you can about cars like your own. They always have a lot of tours and a show day that judged and display cars are are presented for viewing. The swap meet which is all week may interest you also. The most important thing you will get out of attending is meeting people with similar interests and a passion for Packards.

Posted on: 2008/6/17 8:10
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I fully agree with Packards1's comments about the value of attending a Packard National. I won't be attending Des Moines but have attended Asheville NC, Boston (Danvers), Providence RI, Warren (Centennial) and quite a few others. One shouldn't be turned off if your Packard isn't up to snuff for the show day competition; the knowledge you can pick up and the friendships you can make can be immensely rewarding.

Posted on: 2008/6/17 8:43
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
I have fond memories of the one Packard Club National I went to in Minneapolis. I met a lot of fine knowledgeable people, willing to share and offer advice, and saw many fine cars.

Posted on: 2008/6/17 11:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
Thanks Guys for the Responses.

This year's Packard Meet in Des Moines is only 270 miles away from me in Sioux Falls. So, I really want to go. The 2009 Nat'l Meet in Branson, MO is about 500 miles. I will try to go there too. (My brother lives just 50 miles north of there). I enjoyed the MN Packard Club Tech Wksp last Nov. I want to go on their tours in Aug and Oct. They are good people.
Clipper 47 - I think MN hosted the Nat'l you went to in Mpls.

Owen - I am not having my car judged at Des Moines. I will show it, however. Also, I want to go the the roster keepers meeting. That sounds like an education. JD Vickers emailed me with a lot of helpful info and questions when I first registered my car with Packard Club.

I also want to find out if my Clipper color is a repro of Flare Taupe Metallic. JD Vickers thinks it is. I have found no paint chip for it on the 1941 color samples. Flare Taupe was a 1941 year color ONLY. It is listed on Packard Info website too. Packard premixed it at the factory. It could be bought by dealers, but premixed. As a result NONE of the 1941 paint chip pages from Ditzler Color Company or DuPont show the Flare Taupe sample chip.

So Packard1, as you say, I have got lots to stand around the parking lot and yack about (or Pack about), whatever.

Thanks again for your responses.

I will pass along on this website any good stuff I come across.

OH, Big Kev, Are you taking pictures at Des Moines? I know you went all out on Warren photos.

Later
DanL

Posted on: 2008/6/17 22:52
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I will not be in attendance in Des Moines. Warren just so happened to line up right with some business trips I had planed that brough me in to the area.

Living in So. Calif, I really only get to the PI's National meet that is held locally. I will be on vaction this year with the wife and friends that are getting married during the Warren event, so hopefully others will take good pics!

Posted on: 2008/6/18 14:38
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Baird
See User information
41ParPac,
I will be in Des Moines with my 49 gray convertible. I'd be glad to visit with you on Packrads. Just look for the car, I should be close by. I will probably have my Dodge Ram treuck there also. It should have signs for North Hills Packards on it.
I'm Dave by the way.

Posted on: 2008/6/19 22:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
Thanks BigKev & Dave,

Kev. - I will take some picts at Des Moines for the website. Enjoy your travels / holidays.

I will look for you Dave w the Gray 49 Conv. I will have my 41 Clipper as pictured and my Chev Silverado (black and suckin' petro).

Hope to meet some other PI Forum Folk at Des Moines.

Later
Dan

Posted on: 2008/6/21 3:45
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
If any of you see Packard friend Ole Book, make sure you make his acquaintance. He is a large gent and is driving his 56 400 to Des Moines. Take pictures of cars AND people. The Packard folk are what really make this hobby a pleasure.

Posted on: 2008/6/21 8:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
I am in Des Moines and have not seen Ole yet. He is supposed to caravan with Dan Kanter. Gotta admire them for driving their Packards that far.

Posted on: 2008/6/21 15:06
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved