Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
164 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 164

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 ... 35 »

Re: packards in tv and movies
Home away from home
Home away from home

chad hoover
See User information
I saw the movie i mentioned in my earlier post last night! it was cannonball run II! around 20 min. in is a scene where all the "dons" are having a discussion. i think i see a late 20's or early 30's packard in the background. still have not remembered the name of the t.v. movie aunt and uncle's hearse was to be in yet though.

Posted on: 2009/8/3 17:58
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
It's a 51 Packard convertible in the video, but not worth the trouble watching unless you turn the sound off.
I probably didn't like it because I enjoy the original "Cherry Pie" by Marvin and Johnny.

Posted on: 2009/8/3 19:53
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Roger L. Hosmer
See User information
There was a Packard (1948-50) convertible seen in a back projection shot in the 1953 movie "Niagra". Also, a Packard appeared in a Honolulu parrking lot in the 1953 movie "Big Jim Mc Clain" , starring John Wayne.

Posted on: 2009/8/3 20:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
Here's another one. A 1933 comedy starring John Wayne as a spoiled playboy tooling around in a flashy Packard roadster.

Several good scenes with the Packard. In one scene Wayne offers to trade the Packard for a gas station. When he asks how much money the business makes, the gas station owner hops in the Packard and speeds away ha ha.

The name of the movie is His Private Secretary.

I got it in a Comedy Kings movie pack including 20 comedies from the 30s and 40s put out by the Mill Creek Entertainment company.

Posted on: 2009/8/3 21:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Rusty

Thanks I did not have that one. Can I assume that that car was a 1933.

Posted on: 2009/8/4 9:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
I will post this and see if anyone can help. I have seen this a few times but it goes by so fast even though I know it's coming, I still miss it. In the movie "The Rock"
When N.Cage in a Ferrari is chasing S. Connerys Humvee, Cage takes a short cut thru a body shop and I think there is a green Packard up against the wall. Can anyone verify that????????

Posted on: 2009/8/4 9:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
The car in the movie was considerably older than 1933. It looked to me like a late 20s model.

Posted on: 2009/8/4 9:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
The Grapes of Wrath was on TCM this weekend. The official that was foreclosing on the farmers was driving a 1936 Super Eight convertible sedan. Fat cat smoking a cigar. This car was in at least three scenes.

Posted on: 2009/8/4 13:48
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
And what a great movie that is. I saw the Packard of course, and was trying to identify the Joad's car. In an early scene I thought I glimpsed the inverted triange of a Hudson, but is later scenes I didn't see it. Perhaps they used two vehicles? Sure looked like a Hudson though.

Did you notice that no matter what speed they drove it, the "engine" made the same gurling sounds? And it must have had a hellofa set of springs!

Posted on: 2009/8/4 14:09
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Check out "Sudden Fear" 1952--lots of '51 Packards, at a time when those cars were hard to find in movies.

Posted on: 2009/8/4 19:41
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 ... 35 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved