Happy St. Patty's Day and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
30 user(s) are online (22 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 30

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13) 14 15 16 ... 25 »

Re: Wes's Maroon 1947 Custom Super Clipper
Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Thanks Don, I corrected it. I couldn't find the kind of clip that was in the photo BDeb posted. But I like the E-clip due to it has more surface area to work with.
As they say "The Devil is in the detail."!
Wes

Posted on: 2020/7/7 22:14
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
They are apparently called Round Wire Snap Rings and come in several styles and many sizes! A quick glance I saw one similar to that in the photo but maybe a longer perusal will find more. You would probably need to know the shaft diameter (diameter of the screw) and the gap (distance between the ends) to get the one you need. Unfortunately you may need to buy 100 just to get a few but this company was only an example to help find what exists.

Posted on: 2020/7/8 1:55
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Thanks again Don, I'll have to look into it.

So on to the Passengers side Headlight and Park Directional Signal. wiring looks even worse. So it looks like a little rust needs to be looked at also. While I was in there I notice a shelf just above the Park Directional Signal light, that's when I notice the dirt and debris that was collecting along just behind the sheet metal. So as I was running my hand along the inside I notice a slot in the shelf where water could run out. So I figure I would pass this along. It looks like one could stick a water hose just in front of the tire and spray water on that shelf and flush all of that debris out before it causes an damage.

Also still need to see why the Left Turn Signal is not working. Main problem is the heat and I can sweat up a storm.

Wes

Attach file:

jpg  (91.75 KB)
1003_5f06170177d23.jpg 1920X1440 px

jpg  (141.46 KB)
1003_5f06171e02e02.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2020/7/8 13:57
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
While checking the wiring for the Turn Signals, found more evidence that the Steering Column is to far forward. Maybe the person that had it before me was trying to give hisself a little more room between him and the Steering Wheel?
Wes

Correction - The Steering shaft would still be the same, so much for that theory.

Attach file:

jpg  (179.89 KB)
1003_5f065a99163ec.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2020/7/8 18:45
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Same Screws on my rust bucket, one was missing the Ring Clip.
Wes

Attach file:

jpg  (405.69 KB)
1003_5f091dea72485.jpg 1920X1440 px

jpg  (365.51 KB)
1003_5f091e039cf85.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2020/7/10 21:03
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
While picking up some parts, Took a little dip in the creek, oh that was nice! Spring fed, so good on these hot days!
Wes

Attach file:

jpg  (484.17 KB)
1003_5f0a0be6cd594.jpg 1920X1440 px

jpg  (616.78 KB)
1003_5f0a0c0661857.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2020/7/11 13:59
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Well got the Passengers Side Headlight Bucket cleaned, painted and rewired, along with the Parking and Directional Signal being rewired. Now just to reinstall it all. And finish up on why my Directional Signals aren't working, now both sides stopped working. Blew the fuse while troubleshooting the other day, wires in the dash hard to get to. But it's doable, just got to get in there.
Wes

Attach file:

jpg  (265.59 KB)
1003_5f10c30bf11ea.jpg 1920X933 px

Posted on: 2020/7/16 16:13
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Since I'm working under the dash and having a hard time getting my hands up there. I'm looking at taking out the Front Seat Frame. The Front seat wasn't a problem popped right out. That gave me a little more room, but if I can get the frame out I think it will make it a lot easier. Is it hard getting the frame out or should I leave it and struggle with it the way it is?
As always Thanks for any and all help!
Wes

Attach file:

jpg  (220.96 KB)
1003_5f10c4c38b9ee.jpg 1920X933 px

Posted on: 2020/7/16 16:21
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
It comes out relatively easy but is fairly heavy and wants to tip backwards due to the heavy somewhat off center back frame. Depending on which side you remove it from you will need to watch and lift it over the heater so the center braces or the drivers side track does not scrape and catch on the heater as you wrestle it out the door.

Disconnect the two wires for the lights and cigar lighter at the inline connectors that can be located under the carpet anywhere between the center pillar and drivers seat rear corner. Also remove any clamps that might be holding the wires on the seat side of the connectors to the floor. There is a spring between a tab on the tunnel and a hole in the center brace that comes out easier if the seat is all the way forward. Seat is probably held by bolts on each side that thread into weld nuts on a reinforcing plate fastened to the floor under the car. Can't remember the exact number but at least two on the front and back of each track. On mine some of the bolts had broken at some point so the capture nuts had been drilled out. There was a nut and lockwasher on the bottom to contend with at those spots.

Tp avoid possibly the same issue, the bolts on yours could probably stand a day or two of PB Blaster before removal. There will probably be some cardboard and maybe even plywood shims between the track bottoms and floor at each pair of stud locations. You might want to take note of which ones and how many are at each spot.

Posted on: 2020/7/16 17:02
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Thanks Howard, I was hoping you would just say remove the two pieces for positioning the seat and then move it all the way forward and lift up and out. Well never that easy. Thanks for mentioning the wires, I forgot all about them. Luckily I got my son here to help me pull it out and it looks like the passengers door is the way it will be coming out.
Thanks again!
Wes

Posted on: 2020/7/16 19:18
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13) 14 15 16 ... 25 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved