Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
202 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 201

37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard Engineering Drawings for Parts
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Those of you who are members of PAC will take note of the announcement in The Cormorant News Bulletin, February 2013, that copies are now available of over 35,000 original Packard blue prints dating back to the Warren years. I've been awaiting this announcement for some time and wish to publicly commend the two gentlemen involved, both of whom I know well and who wish to remain anonymous, for making the decision to purchase and then donate this material to the hobby thru The Packard Motor Car Foundation (the Packard Proving Grounds) rather than retain them for personal gain. We owe them a considerable debt of gratitude and this will become a wonderful source of original material to restorers, historians and Packard owners in general. Additionally it should provide an income stream to the Packard Motor Car Foundation to support what is the only significant Packard corporate property in the hands of the hobby and worthy of our generous support. Well done, gentlemen!

Posted on: 2013/3/2 11:01
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard Engineering Drawings for Parts
Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
OD,

Yes the two gentlemen should be commended. I know I will be investigating what is available.

I hope more information will come out of the filing cabinets in the future! Still hopeful that the 55 production information is around somewhere.

Posted on: 2013/3/2 11:48
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
The Studebaker National Museum Archives (SNMA) also offers copies from their collection of original Studebaker and Packard engineering drawings:

http://www.studebakermuseum.org/p/archives-and-education/archive-collections/

They acquired them about 20 years ago.

Posted on: 2013/3/2 12:31
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Still hopeful that the 55 production information is around somewhere.

Remind me, what type of information were you looking for?

Posted on: 2013/3/2 14:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
BH,

yes I have purchased a few blueprints from the Studebaker collection over the years. I bought Packard film/videos/DVD from them as well.

OD,
I always hope that the production build sheets/slips for the 1955 production run will appear.

I would still like to know more about the 25,000 mile car(s)that was discussed in this forum;
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=8846&forum=3

Posted on: 2013/3/2 15:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stephen Houseknecht
See User information
Yes, a huge thank you to the anonymous benefactors. I will be purchasing my vehicle's drawings in the hopefully, near future.

Posted on: 2013/3/2 18:13
Stephen
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Does anybody know when they would be available for purchase?

Posted on: 2013/3/15 9:25
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
My take from the article in the News Bulletin is they are available now but another question might be how they are priced and is there an era favored.

The article says pricing starts at $25 for up to a certain size with an additional proportional charge for larger. Are all plans on a single page? If not, what happens if a part takes more than one page. Is there a price break or is it $25 per page.

Also, 35,000 prints is a large number but after 50 years I would think there are probably many thousands more. Are these available primarily prewar, postwar, or a mix?

Posted on: 2013/3/15 9:41
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
The easiest way to answer all your questions is to call or email Bruce Blevins in Flint Michigan.

Posted on: 2013/3/15 15:45
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved