Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
215 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 213

39Rollson, JW49, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Gee, this is nice!
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
No reason why a 34 Dietrich sedan would follow what was the standard factory stripe pattern on factory sedans or even has striping at all, purely the customer's wish. But here's what was standard on the 34 factory Eights and Super Eight sedans, not sure how the factory Twelve sedan might have differed, if at all.

Attach file:

jpg  (94.09 KB)
177_55d768c5153d4.jpg 1280X883 px

Posted on: 2015/8/21 13:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packardbarry
See User information
"That last picture show's pin stripes on front fender and the side of the hood."

I can pick up the strips on the belt but not on the fenders. Im off to buy a new Monitor.

Posted on: 2015/8/21 13:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packardbarry
See User information
Interesting SIDE NOTE is in THE MAYBELLINE STORY
https://books.google.com/books?id=IienTGfldkkC&pg=PT102&dq=maybelline+packard&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CCwQ6AEwAGoVChMIt7uoyu66xwIVyDqICh0-AQKa#v=onepage&q=maybelline%20packard&f=false

Tom Williams Maybelline drove a PACKARD to the COP that had Gold Chrome and it was stolen. Wonder what that one was. I have to ask myself if PACKARD had the Sedan in stock at the COP and sold it to him at the time. NEVER KNOW

Posted on: 2015/8/21 14:10
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
It would be nice to know how many of these 11th series Dietrich Sport Sedans were built, at least 3 that we know of and this one is on chassis 1108-43. The highest 1108 chassis sale for custom coachwork that I know of is 1108-88; the others that are known in my database are 1108-86, 65, 62, 56, 53, 23, 32, and 12. I've forgotten what these were but most of them were the 1108 LeBaron phaetons; I don't recall that any of them were Dietrich Sport Sedans.

And how many 10th series Dietrich Sport Sedans were built - just one (the Car of the Dome)?

Posted on: 2015/8/21 14:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Every period photo I've seen of a Dietrich save for the polished belt molding example had striping. The world's fair car had striping. Some of the cars did not follow the standard pattern however. The cars I've seen without it were pre-delivery photos. For example an advertisement where the car was missing the striping. Packards should be striped. Except of course for this polished belt molding stuff which I think would have been much better looking with striping. I don't understand why they didn't use it.

Posted on: 2015/8/21 16:42
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved