Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
221 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 219

Don B, 37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Spark Plug wire set
Home away from home
Home away from home

dallas
See User information
Does anyone have a current part number for a spark plug wire set for a 282/288 c.i. engine? I want a set with terminals attached at both ends. I do not want to use a universal set. I have checked parts x-reference-none listed. Thanks

Posted on: 2016/8/18 15:34
 Top  Print   

Re: Spark Plug wire set
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If no one comes up with a better option Dwight Heinmullerhttp://www.packardparts.org sells sets with terminals on both ends. The heading would indicate his sets were only for V8s but in the description is mention of sets for other years. One caveat if you are ordering for a 42-7 Clipper is his set has an issue because the coil wire is for engines with coils near the dist, not the coil on the firewall as Clippers used. Other than that the rest of the set fits well and seems to be a quality item.

Posted on: 2016/8/18 15:45
Howard
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Also, remember that the Packard plug wires didn't have spark plug boots until 1953.

I made my own from some Packard 440 wire and vintage terminals/boots I found.

I think that Max Merritt makes Packard wire sets at well.

Posted on: 2016/8/18 16:20
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

dallas
See User information
Thanks for the reply. I'm looking for a premade set with boots at both ends . I thought maybe someone on this forum had found a old/vintage set that would work on a Packard eight. The radio suppression feature is what I need and a premade set ( wire length close to original) would mean less work. Thanks

Posted on: 2016/8/19 16:18
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved