Happy St. Patty's Day and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
30 user(s) are online (21 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 29

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1941 gas tanks
Home away from home
Home away from home

Highlander160
See User information
Before I start playing Phillip Marlow I thought I'd ask here. What's a good source for a 41 8cyl fuel tank? The one we have in our 160 is toast. Sitting since the 70s in a museum will do that I guess. Thanks in advance for any leads.

Posted on: 2020/1/20 12:19
 Top  Print 

Re: 1941 gas tanks
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information

Posted on: 2020/1/20 17:59
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Highlander160
See User information
There's no repairing this one at all. In a museum since 74 and it rusted from the inside out. The tank belies the rest of the car's condition, and the top was torn out like paper when when it was dropped out for cleaning. I don't know if any of the proposals in that link materialized but worth a look. I'd be in the market for a good used tank, even a good repairable.

Posted on: 2020/1/24 15:29
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Oldrookie
See User information
I haven't dealt with them, but you may want to take a look at, Rock Valley Antique Auto Parts. wwwrockvalleyantiqueautoparts.com

Posted on: 2020/2/4 17:10
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

tabletennissport
See User information
I bought a nice reproduction tank for my 41 160 from Kepich around 4 years ago. Price, I think was $800. It is very good.

Posted on: 2020/2/7 20:23
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved