Happy St. Patty's Day and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
36 user(s) are online (20 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 36

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

49 Standard 8 Uphostery
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

PackardusOctavus
See User information
The top of the back seat of my 49 Standard 8 has sun cancer, so I have to have it redone. Its already been redone once, with tan wool or something. What fabric should I get, and where do I get it? The Green Engine Heretic parts car has a cream fabric, with a blue pinstripe. I may have to do the door skins too, so what about that?

Posted on: 2020/1/24 12:06
 Top  Print 

Re: 49 Standard 8 Uphostery
Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
You don't say if your car is 22nd or 23rd series. Twenty-second series Standard 8 seat is tri-tone wool houndstooth, and I think not available in repro. Eight Deluxe is a pin stripe wool, I think you can come close. Check Hirsch.

Posted on: 2020/1/24 12:18
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

packard1949
See User information
Try Hirsch or SMS-they will need a sample of your material to match it. Both advertise in Hemmings etc. Hirsch was able to match the material in my 47 Packard. You might try fabric stores in your area-you might find something close and save some $$. It is a wool broad cloth. I was able to find something very close for my 49 Standard a couple of years ago

Posted on: 2020/1/25 11:18
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
when dealing with fabric stores, tell them you want it for upholstery. Apparel weight wool is different from upholstery type.

Posted on: 2020/1/25 15:30
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
If you want it's original fabric, then find the trim code on the body tag, and look up in the literature here.
May still need s swatch to match for fabric supplier. Usually can find by taking seat out and looking underneath for a flap to sample. May also have to clean the cloth to get true appearance.
Otherwise, whatever looks good/matches. I don't think there's a value issue, since the fabric is already shot so new will add value assuming your doing the whole.

Posted on: 2020/1/31 10:43
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
I think enough original interiors still survive that you can get photos of what is correct. I applaud your taking the effort to search it out.

Posted on: 2020/1/31 11:35
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jason75
See User information
I found my wool broadcloth for a fraction of what the more well
known vendors sell it for, if I can be of help let me know

Here's a picture of the cloth I purchased before my interior was done

Attach file:

jpeg  (469.72 KB)
191232_5e347b9fa3522.jpeg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2020/1/31 14:10
1951 200 Deluxe Sedan Valiant Green Metallic
Vehicle #:2462 8372
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved