Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
116 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 114

CarFreak, Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: My 1930 packard
Just popping in
Just popping in

JeanlucPackard
See User information
traumjaegercat

Haha, that is great! I may have to change his name to jean luc packard jr.

Posted on: 2020/8/4 12:15
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good afternoon Jeanluc...If you mean El Cajon, California, I grew up there. We lived at 646 Highland which was later changed to 866 Hacienda...in the little village of Fletcher Hills, just up at the top of Sharon Way!

Your old Packard is wonderful...best of luck with her. Lots of knowledge on this site (damn little with me) but we'll all enjoy following along. Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2020/8/4 13:26
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Sherlock
See User information
Doesn't seem to me the block could be original to the car, the shape of the area around the manifold ports is utterly different than the block on my '30.

Posted on: 2020/8/13 13:49
Rob

1930 Custom 8 Club Sedan
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
As I thought I mentioned earlier in this thread, the manifolding is 1933-34 so the block must be 1933 or later as that's when the downdraft and 45 degree manifold mounting was adopted.

What is the motor number?

Posted on: 2020/8/13 13:52
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

JeanlucPackard
See User information
i'll grab the engine, frame, firewall, and any other numbers i can find when I go out to put the water pump back in. Water pump currently in Gold Hill, OR. will report back

Ernie, thank you for the well wishes, and I do mean El Cajon, Ca. I know the area you are talking about, was the Beef N BUn around back then?

Quote:

Owen_Dyneto wrote:
As I thought I mentioned earlier in this thread, the manifolding is 1933-34 so the block must be 1933 or later as that's when the downdraft and 45 degree manifold mounting was adopted.

What is the motor number?

Posted on: 2020/8/14 21:26
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Jeanluc...Not that I remember...Fletcher Hills was pretty small then...a nice village in the 50's and early 60"s. Still drive through now and again...Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2020/8/14 21:59
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved