Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
224 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 221

BigKev, Alvin14, HH56, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

'38 Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

mike james
See User information
Hello,
Its been awhile since I've been on the forum. I'm going to go look at a 38 four door this weekend was wondering what to look out for. The car has been sitting under cover for a long time owner says it's a six with a three speed? some rust on the doors otherwise complete. the price is real cheap. I found this on seattle craigs list there are a couple of pics if any one wants to take a look and give me some feedback. Yes Owen I'll register it if I get it.
Thanks. Mike

Posted on: 2018/5/8 3:14
53 Clipper- Sold
50 touring sedan- Sold
55 Patrician- Sold
56 Patrician- Sold
55 Clipper Super Panama parts car- Sold
55 Clipper Super Panama
 Top  Print   

Re: '38 Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
You might have a hard time getting O-D those numbers cause 1938 was the only year that Packard got away from metal data plates in favor of a sticker. Most of those disintegrated over the decades. I've been lucky enough to see 2 that were in good enough shape to read.

Posted on: 2018/5/8 7:37
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Same advice we give to all looking at disastermobiles....even if you get this car for free, it will not be worth the cost of restoration. Sad, but true - even if you resto-rod it. As a parts car for someone with a similar project, yes, good to have, otherwise not a lot to profit from.

Posted on: 2018/5/8 7:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
One of the most expensive things you can own is a "free" motorcycle, boat or car.

Posted on: 2018/5/8 9:18
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Sadly, David's advice is spot-on. A 110/Six 4Dr, even in pristine shape, will only be worth $20 - $35K US and with the price of 'all things restoration' these days, one would be lucky to get the body and paint done for half that. Interiors are very expensive, as are engine rebuilds. After that, the 'small stuff' can really add up.
I guess if one does it for the pure love of old cars and the hobby aspect of it and doesn't care about the numbers, it can be rewarding. It definitely is not profitable.

Posted on: 2018/5/8 10:56
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
I don't think the hood is a 38.

Posted on: 2018/5/8 12:25
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved