Happy 4th of July and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
196 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 196

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1937 Twelve Limo - Switch
Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
There is a switch in the driver's area on the header for the interior window (see picture). What is it suppose to turn on?

Attach file:

jpg  switch.JPG (19.41 KB)
1063_6642624c992a2.jpg 338X371 px

Posted on: 5/13 14:03
 Top  Print   

Re: 1937 Twelve Limo - Switch
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

DM37
See User information
Marty:

From my perusal of the parts manual, I believe that is for the front dome light, but I want a limo/divider window guru to weigh in on it.

Front Dome Light is: 235124
Rear Dome Light is: 235125

Rear Dome Light is Dual-Powered by the Door (Jamb) Switches: (2) 220761 as well as by one of the (2) listed 224554 3-position dome light switches

Front Dome Light (this is inferred) is powered by the remaining (2nd) 224554 3-position dome light switch

The basic twelve cylinder schematics only show the rear, but the limo/divider models have that extra front dome light. I recommend you chat with Jeb Justice (Potomac Packards)...he has the original model specific schematics and makes these harnesses for everyone.

This is the best I could do for you.

It appears that your switch is in good working condition...if it has failed contact me (pun intended)...I have a retrofit adaptation into the stock bezel with a modern switch and a small stainless polished smooth trim nut.

Dan M.

Attach file:

jpg  37-39 Sr_Dome Lights+Switch Page from Parts Manual.jpg (138.46 KB)
226393_66427878b19ec.jpg 512X720 px

Posted on: 5/13 15:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob Supina
See User information
First question:
Is your car documented as original, or has it had a full restoration?

Bob

Posted on: 5/13 16:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don B
See User information
I suspect that is the same as for my 138CD limo. It would be for the dome light in the rear passenger compartment.

In my car, I have a front dome light connected to a switch under the dash. Then, the rear dome light is controlled by two three-way switches. The first switch is the one you have shown in the front above the divider window. The second one is in the rear on the B pillar.

If you look in my project blog, I have wiring diagrams for my car that show how the switches are wired. It would be similar for your car.

Posted on: 5/13 20:42
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
This is car 1035-384. It is the car that was shipped directly from the factory to Milan Italy in 1937 for the Milan Auto Show.

Posted on: 5/13 21:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob Supina
See User information
Is this the same car that was owned by a John B. in PA?

Posted on: 6/10 12:16
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved