Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
123 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 5
Guests: 118

Packwagon, BigKev, todd landis, Carlos, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

3-Point shoulder retractable seat belts
Home away from home
Home away from home

steve828
See User information
I would like to install some 3-point shoulder retractable seat belts in my 1954 Clipper Super 2-door Club Sedan. I am considering mounting the shoulder belt anchor point to the pillar just aft of the front door on each side. Has anyone out there done this before, and, if so, do you have any pictures of how the installation was done? Thanks again!

Posted on: 2012/3/8 19:44
 Top  Print   

Re: 3-Point shoulder retractable seat belts
Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Steve, I remember two (more or less) related threats:

number one

number two

Posted on: 2012/3/8 20:04
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

steve828
See User information
Guscha..thanks for those links. I had planned to mount the shoulder harness on the pillar just like in the picture. Some how I just can't seem to stop staring at those pictures..I will need much more time to go over them.
Warren

Posted on: 2012/3/9 16:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Keith (PackardV8) or Howard (HH56), have you accomplished the job or have you flirted with the idea? Your experiences (with belts) are quite in demand.

Click to see original Image in a new window

[picture source: Keith]

Posted on: 2012/3/9 20:19
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
In the pic above, the green arrow points to the hole i used for mounting in 56 Executive. I am ASSUMING the hole in the red box is also on the hard tops (further rearward of course) altho i really don;t know. So for the hard tops use the hole in the read box for the shoulder strap anchor.

It's not clear to me why everyone thinks they have to have retractable shoulder straps. Whats wrong with the NONretractables other than maybe minor inconvenience.

Posted on: 2012/3/9 22:28
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Not sure which hardtop you are referring to but mine has none of that structure. Nothing on mine but that relatively thin rail for the headliner supports from the windshield all the way back to above the quarter window where the curve starts and the C pillar forms.

Hardtops do have that oval hole at the bottom (maybe a tad lower) to access the pivot for quarter window but is awfully crowded with the window support block in it. As I mentioned in another post, not in a very good position for mounting any kind of shoulder belt anchor.

Posted on: 2012/3/9 22:35
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved